Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E85 ready?

Tuner in Training
    sweet thanks

Tuner in Training
    and one thing I forget: the cranking fuel, you will feel it in cold weather.
    I will try this:
    20?c:+3%
    10?c:+10%
    0?c:+15%

Tuner in Training
    Any way you can point me to this stock e85 tune file. I have a 2016 silverado and am adding a E85 sensor and want to compare it to what I have tuned already.

Tuner in Training
    Duplicate

It's the very first file in the repository. You have to look up a 2014 truck because that was the only year that the was a factory installed sensor on the 5.3's.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you so much

Tuner in Training
    Am I able to write this tune to my 2016 silverado as soon as I install the sensor and fill up with e85? I have changed my max Throttle area limits to 4,118 due to my L86 intake manifold and throttle body install, and I disabled DOD. I looked over the stock e85 tune and it's definitely alot different then my stock tune. lol. I'm new to tuning so be patient with me.

Tuner in Training
    Would I be better off just changing my Stoich, changing the Fuel sensor to sensor, change the min and max ethanol percent, enable the Fuel system Sensor Diag, and the 3 DTC's and leave everything else the same?

Write what tune?

You can't write that repository tune file post above to your computer, you'll screw yourself out of money and time. The only file you can write to your truck is the file you pulled from your own vehicle and edited yourself with the changes you want.

I can't really tell you what to do for your tune. If you want to run E85 you need to enable the sensor, the sensor diag and the trouble codes for it. Then it's just a matter of changing the stoich table, setting up the flex fuel settings to what you see in that 2014 tune file. You are free to do whatever else you want after that. Factory tunes can be made different, I for one run a much leaner fuel mixture on pump 89 octane and a E85 blend than what the factory does but I have a wideband for tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    OK. I didn't mean write that exact tune. I have already enabled the sensor, the diag and the trouble codes, i also change my stoich table to match the stock e85 tune. Im just confused because the a lot of the injector controls are different, as well as the map sensor config. Any way i can show you my tune and you let me know what you think?

Tuner in Training

Can someone look at this tune file and see if I have everything covered to run E85?

Last edited by Patrickg925; 04-20-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickg925 View Post
    Fixed a couple things for you. Your Stoich AFR (table 12300) values were pretty significantly off and a couple other small things.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I really appreciate it. I'll take a look at it when I get off work and change things accordingly.