Thread: Gear Number Estimation feature

Tuner in Training

Gear Number Estimation feature

Read through some post regarding this feature. Are there plans to offer more granular control over the algorithm to get a better outcome?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...mation+Feature
    I've implemented the change based on the post above, it's close but not perfect.

For example AIM, through Race Studio 3 provides the ability to input a number of parameters to allow a more accurate picture specific to the vehicle.
    They allow inputs for:
    1) Wheel Circumference
    2) Axle Ratio
    3) Gear ratio per gear.
    Last edited by habeb; 09-23-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Any thoughts on opening access to the input fields for the gear estimation?

Manual input for gearing is something that I'd like to do, but don't have any ETA for that at this time... One issue is that this would require a lot of correct data from the user (tire size, individual gear ratios, and final drive ratio), so it wouldn't realistically be used by many people. A simpler or more universal approach, or improving upon the existing gear number estimation, is likely to be the better option for us.

Tuner in Training
    The data for most vehicles is readily available online from various sources. I believe the option to modify (tire size, individual gear ratios, and final drive ratio) parameters should be available in some advanced menu. If you want maintain backwards compatibility, the application can use whatever default (tire size, individual gear ratios, and final drive ratio) assumptions it does now.

Banned
    I have tyre size, gear ratios and final drive for my car and I suspect a large portion of people using the software have the same information.

At the moment I have to go through every lap and manually add a `gear` column in an excel datasheet that I can then use for gears. Even if the estimation was 80% accurate, it would still save a lot of work !

Tuner in Training
    FYI,
    Noticed an improvement in the gear indicator's accuracy with RaceRender 3.5.1.