Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calibrating the MAF (V6)

where to get LC-1 for 150?
    www.turbofirebird.com tuned with HPT MPVI Pro, LC-1.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you gentlemen! I will have to sweet talk the boss to upgrade my HPT and get a wideband. I know I will be asking more questions soon.
    Mitchell

'04 Supercharged MC SS

MOD LIST
    Custom PCM, Ram Air Hood w/ Air box, Intense MPS w/3.6", R/T DP with Ubend delete & HF CAT, LC-1 WB, GMPP Cat Back, Jacobs wires, 180 T-stat, & an Optima Red Top

Advanced Tuner
    !Gora> ebay maybe?

mtcrusan> whose the boss? at where?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slow6
    !Gora> ebay maybe?

mtcrusan> whose the boss? at where?
    That would be his wife
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    You also need to log commanded afr low res., maf freq. and your wideband O2 sensor in the table display as well.

Russ Kemp
    By "Maf Frequency" do you mean "Maf Frequency Error %" ??
    awesome little writeup! looks like youre the first to do one! I think you ought to let viper put it on his tuning page so everyone can see his Guide!
    thanks you are a huge help! I've got myself and someone else setup on your writeup!

Just need to log maf freq. The % error is calculated by the histogram. This % error is the diff between the commanded and actual afr. You need a wideband hooked up to the EIO.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't modified my car too much, but I am trying to learn how this tuning works and the more I get into it the more my head hurts. LOL! I think I have my VE table in line now I just need to match my MAF to that until I get my wideband. Is scaling the MAF ok or should I not bother yet?
    Mitchell

'04 Supercharged MC SS

MOD LIST
    Custom PCM, Ram Air Hood w/ Air box, Intense MPS w/3.6", R/T DP with Ubend delete & HF CAT, LC-1 WB, GMPP Cat Back, Jacobs wires, 180 T-stat, & an Optima Red Top

Just wait for your wideband. Then you will be able to rescale the maf & know the afr.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    for maf recalibration dont you need to be in Open Loop? and reset the Fuel Trims?

Someone just told me that you have to have the VE tuned before you can recalibrated the Maf? Is this BS :bs:

Since I install the wideband O2 in place of the stock O2 sensor 1, the car will be in open loop. If you install a O2 weld in bung downstream of the stock O2 sensor 1, then put the car into open loop either by setting the closed loop enable temp or by just unplugging the O2 sensor. Always reset the fuel trims after a reflash.
    I leave the ve table stock as it is only used if there is a maf code.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    thats what I thought, thanks

Tuner
    Just need to log maf freq. The % error is calculated by the histogram. This % error is the diff between the commanded and actual afr. You need a wideband hooked up to the EIO.

Russ Kemp
    Don't mean to be a threadjacker, but how do ya go about scaling the maf with the %error? I put that in my histogram, but don't know what the numbers mean. For instance, a -44 appears in first box, then I see other numbers at other frequencies. Do I simply take that number away from the maf table number? If I'm not clear on this question, I'll post another thread. Thanks Russ for your time.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Since I install the wideband O2 in place of the stock O2 sensor 1, the car will be in open loop.

Russ Kemp
    You did that so you can get an AFR off each side? So that you know both sides are the same and correct? COOL!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slow6
    You did that so you can get an AFR off each side? So that you know both sides are the same and correct? COOL!
    Are you thinking WB both banks?? If so, thats not what he's meaning.

Advanced Tuner
    Since I install the wideband O2 in place of the stock O2 sensor 1, the car will be in open loop.

Russ Kemp
    Last time I checked 02 sensor 1 is just 1, so just 1 bank.
    So, maybe hes only doing 1 side at a time?

Copy the error from the histogram, then paste special > multiply by %. When you get close then multiply by % - half.

Russ Kemp

Copy the error from the histogram, then paste special > multiply by %. When you get close then multiply by % - half.

Russ Kemp

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

How close is close??? all reading 0's????

you saved the day..
    Last edited by usd2sing; 06-10-2006 at 03:18 AM.

You won't get to zero as the engine is always correcting but the screen shot above looks fairly close.

I like to see -negative numbers across the board (except on hard decel, then I want it a bit leaner).

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

outstanding...thank you..

should the max , min, average areas be used?

thanks for the help.

I like to look at all of the above as well as the counts. If you've got one count, skip it unless it falls in line with a nearby cell that has many more counts.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!