Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calibrating the MAF (V6)

This is great thread!
    www.turbofirebird.com tuned with HPT MPVI Pro, LC-1.

Quote Originally Posted by iGoRa
    This is great thread!

yep.....saved my azz..hahahahha

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Copy the error from the histogram, then paste special > multiply by %. When you get close then multiply by % - half.

Russ Kemp
    Thank you sooo much!! I finally get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Do you have version 2.xx HP Tuner? If so then click on the histogram button, then select #7, then click on the folder to import histogram. Then you can pick the 3rd histogram from the top "Maf-AFR Error.hst. Next click on #8 histogram button, then click on the folder to import the 4th histogram from the top. But this table needs to be set up to log your wideband O2 sensor. So click on the button to the right of #8 "Configure Histograms", rename it to MAF-WB-AFR from MAF-Commanded AFR. Then under plot value, click the PID:<click to insert or change> , now a box appears with the available PIDS. Click on the AUX>wideband O2 and click on the brand of wideband you have. I also set the decimals to 2.
    You also need to log commanded afr low res., maf freq. and your wideband O2 sensor in the table display as well. The help files show were to insert the wideband (EIO input 1) on the right of the table near the bottom. I use a FJO
    wideband O2

Russ Kemp
    by "maf freq" do you mean "Mass Air Flow (SAE)" or "Maf Air Flow (lb/min)" which both should automatically already be on there?

MAF (Hz)
    Always Support Our Troops!

This should be in the sticky, thats why I brought it up TTT.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slow6
    Thank you sooo much!! I finally get it!

by "maf freq" do you mean "Mass Air Flow (SAE)" or "Maf Air Flow (lb/min)" which both should automatically already be on there?
    i found % - half works best even if it is way off
    http://www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 Stalled V6 Camaro
    Goal: 10.99 in the 1/4
    Goal: 100 MPH (completed)

Best Dyno: 456 RWHP and 509 RWTQ
    Best: 1/4 mile 11.23 20 PSI
    Best1/8: 7.18 @ 99 1.83, 60 foot 20 PSI

mine was like -30 all across the table. Maybe those GTP injectors on my fuel rail act like 38#??