Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early 04 Dyno Results

I'll try to take a look at this tonight sometime.

There are lots of tables that are still different. Mostly the adder tables for main and pilot timing. There are also some tables that are scaled differently. With the adder tables I've had issues with the different operating systems of the early trucks. I mostly leave them as they were from the factory, just getting rid of the large offsets just enough to get rid of the the timing pop issues that the early trucks have. Try changing everything, not just the major tables. All of the tables.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for sharing your tune it worked great! On my truck.

Glad to hear it!

Tuner in Training
    Hey Dom_c13b, any idea why this tune would cause my truck to be stuck in tow/haul mode? My truck is a 2005 auto with upgraded valve body and torque converter. After flashing this tune my tow/haul light is stuck on and the truck won?t shift into overdrive.
    I haven?t reflashed back to my own tune test because my laptop battery was getting a little low for comfort.

By the way, this tune is a beast and runs better than any other tune that I?ve tried.

This tune was for an 03, the trans parameters are so much different for those trucks as they have mechanical throttle valve and stuff. This is not the tune to put into that truck. Some of the stuff will transfer over but there are so many tables that are different. I would start over and if you're using this tune, just dont' copy any of the trans parameters over

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    This tune was for an 03, the trans parameters are so much different for those trucks as they have mechanical throttle valve and stuff. This is not the tune to put into that truck. Some of the stuff will transfer over but there are so many tables that are different. I would start over and if you're using this tune, just dont' copy any of the trans parameters over
    Ya, I was looking at the trans settings and figured that out. Like I've said before, I'm using what i find to learn. I'm taking what I read and seeing it applied in the few tunes that I've found here and using that to adjust my own tune that I have started from scratch. Thank you to you and Jim_P for all of the great info

Potential Tuner

Oldie

Sorry for waking the dead here but what PIDs did you log when putting this tune together? And is there a way to monitor boost without a guage on the early 04's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    Attachment 63327

Here's a dyno graph from an early 04 that I tuned yesterday. It was a brand X mobile dyno. This is a stock truck, breathing through stock airbox, stock muffler is gone with a small mbrp in it's place. 449hp and 983tq. This truck runs smooth, no timing pop at all, responsive, smoke free power. Glad that the early common rails can finally be tuned right!

I'm waiting for my MPVI2+ to show up and this will give me something to work with as I learn.
    @Dom_c13b TY for posting it.
    2003 2500 QCLB 305/555 NV5600 W/ FAST COOLERS w/ 9 qts Pennzoil Synchromesh, 4x4, Edge CTS for Gauges added with EAS a real Oil psi, LP psi, Oil temp and trans fluid temp, DPP Cool Hose w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, OBS Fan Clutch Mod, Steering Box Brace, 1 piece Al driveshaft, On-Board Air w/Horns, BedRug under Color Matched Leer topper.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the tune dom, I'm new to this tuning thing and want to learn as much as i can about tuning so if anyone has so pointers please tell me. thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by boostedbob69 View Post
    thanks for the tune dom, I'm new to this tuning thing and want to learn as much as i can about tuning so if anyone has so pointers please tell me. thanks in advance
    Start slow
    Learn how to set up your scanner to log parameters and create graphs
    Make small changes and see results

When asking for advice Post you Tune and a log and ask specific questions to get help from the big boys here:
    "Hey I have my petal set to command 65mm3 at 40%TPS, but I only get 55"
    If you have a log with Petal Positron. MM3 Commanded, Boost, ETC... Most likely someone will post up what limiters you are probably hitting and advise on how to proceed. They might ask you to log different channels...

If you post up
    "why can't I hit my desired fueling (with no logs)" you will likely get no response..
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer