Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where can I learn to tune the 2.3 Ecoboost wtih HP Tuners?

Stevo, looking forward to some before and after logs. Right now, my throttle is wide open and only shuts for the shifts. Even when it shuts, wgdc and boost remain stable.

Senior Tuner
    The Cobb guide helped me to understand how things worked on the 3.5 Ecoboost also. They talk about throttle closures and the causes.

From what I have read and watched on the tuning school videos, it seems that unless you attend classes in person that it doesn't cover but the basic tuning. Also, from what I have read on the ecoboost, is that the throttle closes to maintain desired boost as programmed and thats what you want to happen. I really dont know though, just what I have read here and there.

I just did the live chat to inquire what the current ecoboost level 1 course teaches. Here is the reply.

LESSONSLESSON 1. ECOBOOST – SPECIFIC TABLES REQUIREDLength: 2 minutesIn this video, you will be understanding the importance of key tables which, if missing, will prevent you from getting the results you want.LESSON 2: UNDERSTANDING HOW THE ECOBOOST ECM WORKSLength: 10 minutesIn this lesson, you will get an understanding of how the Ecoboost ECM works.LESSON 3: SCANNER SETUP AND PARAMETERSLength: 27 minutesIn this lesson, you will learn what parameters are important to datalog.LESSON 4: TORQUE MANAGEMENT (2015+ MUSTANG)Length: 15 minutesFollow this process if you are working on a 2015+ Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost or other car.LESSON 4: TORQUE MANAGEMENT (2011-2014 F150)Length: 26 minutesFollow this process if you are working on a 2011-2014 F150.LESSON 4: TORQUE MANAGEMENT (2015+ F150)Length: 21 minutesFollow this process if you are working on a 2015+ Ecoboost F150.LESSON 5: OPTIMIZING FUELLength: 15 minutesIn this lesson, you will learn how to optimize fuel on the Ecoboost vehicles.LESSON 6: THROTTLE BODY TUNINGLength: 16 minutesIn this lesson, you will learn how to get the throttle body to stay open!LESSON 7: OPTIMIZING BOOST (2015+ MUSTANG, F150)Length: 12 minutesIf you are tuning a 2015+ Mustang or F150, follow this procedure to optimize boost!LESSON 7: OPTIMIZING BOOST (2011-2014 F150)Length: 12 minutesIf you are tuning a 2011-2014 F150, follow this procedure to optimize boost!LESSON 8: OPTIMIZING SPARKLength: 12 minutesIn this lesson, you will learn about optimizing spark on the Ecoboost vehicles.ECOBOOST CONCLUSIONLength: 1 minutesThis video concludes the Level 1 Ecoboost course.

Stevo, did the course explain the relationship of driver demand table values and actual torque demanded or boost?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    I just did the live chat to inquire what the current ecoboost level 1 course teaches. Here is the reply.

LESSONSLESSON 1. ECOBOOST ? SPECIFIC TABLES REQUIREDLength: 2 minutesIn this video, you will be understanding the importance of key tables which, if missing, will prevent you from getting the results you want.LESSON 2: UNDERSTANDING HOW THE ECOBOOST ECM WORKSLength: 10 minutesIn this lesson, you will get an understanding of how the Ecoboost ECM works.LESSON 3: SCANNER SETUP AND PARAMETERSLength: 27 minutesIn this lesson, you will learn what parameters are important to datalog.LESSON 4: TORQUE MANAGEMENT (2015+ MUSTANG)Length: 15 minutesFollow this process if you are working on a 2015+ Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost or other car.LESSON 4: TORQUE MANAGEMENT (2011-2014 F150)Length: 26 minutesFollow this process if you are working on a 2011-2014 F150.LESSON 4: TORQUE MANAGEMENT (2015+ F150)Length: 21 minutesFollow this process if you are working on a 2015+ Ecoboost F150.LESSON 5: OPTIMIZING FUELLength: 15 minutesIn this lesson, you will learn how to optimize fuel on the Ecoboost vehicles.LESSON 6: THROTTLE BODY TUNINGLength: 16 minutesIn this lesson, you will learn how to get the throttle body to stay open!LESSON 7: OPTIMIZING BOOST (2015+ MUSTANG, F150)Length: 12 minutesIf you are tuning a 2015+ Mustang or F150, follow this procedure to optimize boost!LESSON 7: OPTIMIZING BOOST (2011-2014 F150)Length: 12 minutesIf you are tuning a 2011-2014 F150, follow this procedure to optimize boost!LESSON 8: OPTIMIZING SPARKLength: 12 minutesIn this lesson, you will learn about optimizing spark on the Ecoboost vehicles.ECOBOOST CONCLUSIONLength: 1 minutesThis video concludes the Level 1 Ecoboost course.
    Thanks 02reaper, but this is a copy paste of the detail on their website : http://thetuningschool.com/course/fo...evel-1-course/

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I did the course last week, learnt a lot, setting up the scanner, throttle control was a huge eye opener - for me anyway. I would recommend to a medium level tuner.
    Hi Stevo, question, on the Fuel optimization part of the course. Does they just explain how to change the desired AFR or they go a bit deeper and explain how to change the VE maps according to SFTF and LTFT ?

Does they explain which groups of the VE table to change (Slope, maximum load, .....) and if we need to lock the camshaft position to be 100% on each map (each map is one position of intake and exhaust VCT).

Thanks for your feedback

Tuner in Training
    to explain a bit more, see the screenshot below.

On the right side you have the intake (and exhaust below) VCT position, with the mapped point linked. Ex : mapped point 10 means : -50? intake and 40? exhaust.

Below you have the VCT best drivability distance map : so I guess at 3000rpm and 1.3 load, the ecu use the map #8 for VE Caculation. But what about 3000rpm and 0.9Load ...7,2 means what ? (I may be completely wrong )

Last question, on all the 14 maps groups, which one is the BASE one to apply the S and LTFT ? the Slope one ?

hpt.jpg
    Last edited by cyruss; 11-15-2016 at 04:59 AM. Reason: keyboard mistake :P

Good info

Quote Originally Posted by cyruss View Post
    Thanks Stevo, Does the course talk about only stock engine or they explain as well what are the consequences and how to adjust the ECU after basic change like HF cats, intake ... ?
    The level 1 course is for basic modifications, they state the next course will be more in depth with larger turbos etc.

Tuner in Training
    I have took the full Tuning school Eco course and love it. Bob morreale goes into full detail of Tq Management, Spark,Fuel, and Timing tables. We used a 2015 f150 3.5 as our test mule on our dyno and was blown away. Also goes into detail how to adjust ThrottleBody tables and correct logging. Which is just if not more important than tuning as you can see everywhere you are in the tune. I cant see how anyone would be disappointed in taking this course just my 2 cents. If you want a better in depth view and understanding of this platform by all means see for yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ive also gone through The Tuning School courses and highly recommend them. You also get support from them if you get lost

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    So what are you now able to do with the throttle control?
    I get full throttle at WOT no problem now

Does it close for shifting, and if not, is the wgdc or boost changing?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    The level 1 course is for basic modifications, they state the next course will be more in depth with larger turbos etc.
    Any ETA's for the next course ?

I guess HF cats, catback are considered as basic modifications ?

Quote Originally Posted by dlgransion View Post
    Ive also gone through The Tuning School courses and highly recommend them. You also get support from them if you get lost
    Does that means we could ask question even if it is not part of the course ? Like wastegaste preload settings ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cyruss View Post
    Any ETA's for the next course ?

from what Ive heard its still a ways out. Maybe beginning of next year

I guess HF cats, catback are considered as basic modifications ?

Yes they are. Turbos are not though

Does that means we could ask question even if it is not part of the course ? Like wastegaste preload settings ...
    Yes. I know ive tried changing it and didnt get too far

Tuner in Training
    Not sure if that post was pointed my way or OP

It closes for all those things and more.

Hi guys, I'm happy to help answer any questions about the course. Please let me know what questions about it you have, so I can tell you if it is something that may be a good fit for you.

thanks!
    Bob