Thread: 4l60 to 6l80 swap questions

Tuner

4l60 to 6l80 swap questions

Hello if this is in the wrong place please let me know. I posted here and in the transmission forum both in hopes to get replays thank you. I am going to be removing a 4l60 in installing a 6l80 into a 2010 Silverado. The question that I have is once the wiring is changed out to match the 6l80, what has to be done to have the ecm and tcm communicate with each other, if anything. I know that the two os's are compatible as I have a file that has the same ecm os as my current os with the 6l80. I just want to make sure before I remove the 4l60 that I have everything so the truck is not down more than a couple of days, and this is the last thing that I need. I also need to find out about the vin mismatch I know HPT will correct but don't know how, if I can get some feed back on that as well. Thank you

Tuner
    So just to update I pined in the wiring required for the 6l80 and removing the wiring for the 4l60. I connected the 6l80 out side of the truck and was able to connect via HP tuners completed a read, all looks good and communicated correctly. I had previously changed the instrument cluster and all read correctly. the only thing that didn't work was the TATD. found in the tune was disabled. will enable when the trans is installed. Just an FYI for anyone later on completing the same swap.