Thread: 4l60 Torque Mangmt Still Active???

4l60 Torque Mangmt Still Active???

Hi Guys, I really dont post on here much just more of a lurker, I am getting my ass kicked by this truck, it will make a 3rd gear pull on the dyno no problem but on the street i am getting a fuel cut on the 1-2 shift and 2-3 like the injectors are flat out shutting off which I am assuming they are and assuming some sort of TM is still kicking in, now the tune thats currently in the truck is identical to whats posted except i had not changed any of the ETC stuff in torque mangmt and have since made the changes you see in the attached file but I have not tried the tune yet. Any help is appreciated to see if I have overlooked something. I usually tune more racey stuff with glides and 400's so 60s i am not the greatest with.

Unfortunately i do not have a log of this, but I will take one tonight when I try again.
    a rundown on this setup
    6.0 sbe
    76mm
    295 45 17 mickey radial (appears to be 27.4 inches)
    3.73 rear gear

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by 1badss; 09-29-2016 at 12:05 PM.

For speed density tuning, MAF dtc's need be on first error. I'd change those to avoid other issues.

For the transmission stuff, your engine rev limiter is at 6,900 (which is way high on a 6.0 with no cam/head work) but the transmission full throttle shift rpm is at 6100. Are you blowing through the transmission all the way to red line or does this happen before that?

Also be careful, a 2 bar setup only goes to 14-15lbs of boost on the MAP and that VE table doesn't look totally scaled for boost yet either. Rather low kpa numbers at over 5psi.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    For speed density tuning, MAF dtc's need be on first error. I'd change those to avoid other issues.

For the transmission stuff, your engine rev limiter is at 6,900 (which is way high on a 6.0 with no cam/head work) but the transmission full throttle shift rpm is at 6100. Are you blowing through the transmission all the way to red line or does this happen before that?

Also be careful, a 2 bar setup only goes to 14-15lbs of boost on the MAP and that VE table doesn't look totally scaled for boost yet either. Rather low kpa numbers at over 5psi.

Thanks for the reply, the motor has a cam ported heads and a stock truck intake, it does not want a lot of rpm and noses over after 5800, the tune is actually done, idles around 14.8-15.0 drives down the road 14.7ish and 11.5 a/f flat across on a full WOT pull. I actually used the double stoich half IFR for this setup. the only part i had left on this tuneup was to make sure the trans shifted where i want. When it pops bad it happens around 6k-6200 long before the limiter, scares the shit out of me and sounds like the motor lets go to be honest i dont like it at all lol. He also has a 2.5 cobalt map in this thing. I set the limiter there for now until i get a handle on what ever this issue i am having goes away. I would like the thing to shift around 5900-6k
    Last edited by 1badss; 09-28-2016 at 10:57 AM.

so do you guys think it might have been that power hop injector table doing this to me? seems to be a likely culprit?

for anyone that cares, disabling the power hop injector table and the ETC tm solved my issue