Thread: gear tire wizard question?

Tuner

gear tire wizard question?

Hello all, I did a 4l80e swap and ran the tire wizard.
    I didn't calculate the height based off the sizes I just grabbed my tape and wanted to get close. I measured 27.5 with 4.11 gear ratio. I kept the default checks of adjust speedo calibration and scale trans parameters. When I went for a drive I was surprised when it seemed to virtually exact on the scanning software and my electronic speedo also matched my GPS values.
    My transmission and TCC is shifting and locking up much before the values I have in my tune under light throttle. I have calculated the tire height to be 28.25 tall based on the size. I assumed since the speed in HP tuners scanning the transmission also knew this.
    my question is should I change this in the wizard if so should I only scale the transmission parameters. I can change the shift points but I am afraid it is just a guess as it doesn't seem to be paying attention to my values at this time. I am still getting used to the larger stall converter and all the aspects so I have not pushed the truck very hard yet.
    Thanks
    Dave

My wife needed the computer today so I don't have my current tune or any scans. I can get both tonight if we want to look at it.
    Last edited by Custom 68; 09-28-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Tuner
    As I have read some more (reading is good) I see under the speedometer tab and calibration there is the hardware column My VSS in that setting is 17 what I have seen in others it is 40 with the 4l80, I am now believing this should also be changed that will affect the trans shifting. This didnt change when I did the segment swap.

Tuner
    here is the screen shot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Custom 68 View Post
    As I have read some more (reading is good) I see under the speedometer tab and calibration there is the hardware column My VSS in that setting is 17 what I have seen in others it is 40 with the 4l80, I am now believing this should also be changed that will affect the trans shifting. This didnt change when I did the segment swap.
    If you swap the speedometer segment as well, this should update.

Tuner
    I guess I missed that in teh segment list and if I saw it I probably would not have even thought to swap that.
    So that said Is this what is telling the trans when to shift? Even tho my speed shows correct after the tire wizard the trans did not know this?