Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '04 and back mustangs

Tuner in Training
    updates anyone? maybe 2 weeks out?

Senior Tuner
    I am afraid it is an updated handheld device away. Everything seems to be mapped out and supported in the software and sometimes communication issues between two devices isn't as simple as programming changes.

Tuner in Training
    Yea, I can see that could be a problem....lol.

Tuner in Training
    how's it coming along?

Potential Tuner
    Anything out and about with the ability to tune our 04 and under eec-v computers? Heard some people on SVTPERFORMANCE.COM saying hp was open to us now.

Tuner in Training
    Don't know, with the latest software update it may be.....would be good if so!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xxwildcoyotexx View Post
    Anything out and about with the ability to tune our 04 and under eec-v computers? Heard some people on SVTPERFORMANCE.COM saying hp was open to us now.
    You can tune 98-04 V8's using HPTuners, how ever you cannot read/write to the EEC-V's using the MPVI, you have to read/write using the nGauge...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    You can tune 98-04 V8's using HPTuners, how ever you cannot read/write to the EEC-V's using the MPVI, you have to read/write using the nGauge...
    Werent they working on not having to use the NGauge cause that would be a lot of money to dish out just to tune one car.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxwildcoyotexx View Post
    Werent they working on not having to use the NGauge cause that would be a lot of money to dish out just to tune one car.
    Won't be supported with our current hardware, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Won't be supported with our current hardware, sorry.
    seems like a huge market to miss out on. guess its SCT then, since 90% of the ones that come see me already have a SCT hand held.
    thanks for letting us know for sure Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by razzys wagon View Post
    seems like a huge market to miss out on. guess its SCT then, since 90% of the ones that come see me already have a SCT hand held.
    thanks for letting us know for sure Bill.
    I disagree.
    96-04 Ford is and old market segment and currently dominated by SCT. There is a lot more profit with new platforms, since HPT is almost always the first company to offer support for new vehicles that gives them a better ROI and the best part it can be done with current hardware
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I agree, in the GM world alot of shops won't even touch older pre 2002 fbodies anymore because virtually all of them have been worked on an have gremlins right from the get go. Its the same with mustangs, as you even say 90% already have been tuned....these are 14+ year old cars that by an hourly rate will always keep you busy fixing their issues but won't necessarily help you keep up with the emerging markets. Its the same for us here, new vehicles will always need to take precedence over supporting older applications.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"