Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 Procharged 5.7 Hemi 2500 stumble

Advanced Tuner
    WOT PE threshold is the trigger for everything to go to the WOT tables.
    So not only does PE enrichment begin, but cam moves to WOT table, as does spark.
    If you have any variations in tables this really can show up, however if PE voltage is less than say 2v you often get a cough
    even if all the tables are aligned.

Tuner in Training
    In for updates. Anyone figure out a solution for this, seems to be a fairly common problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CK@UPP View Post
    In for updates. Anyone figure out a solution for this, seems to be a fairly common problem.
    Same, I've had 2 cars do it with no luck eliminating it.

Advanced Tuner
    What I find interesting is the stumble occurs around 2500rpm which is just after the 3rd fuel trim RPM boundary breakpoint (ECM 34471).

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    What I find interesting is the stumble occurs around 2500rpm which is just after the 3rd fuel trim RPM boundary breakpoint (ECM 34471).

Moved it to 3k, no change

A little old but can anyone imagine that its not a bug? Maybe its for emissions and hidden in the code.
    The EU software from Chevrolet will do this in 3rd gear on wot at 2500rpm.
    This is the rpm range to test emissions....

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mxatunerjg View Post
    So to expand on this more...I disagree with Diablo's approach to the injector tuning, but I have also contacted them about this situation. All I got for a response was "It's because the scale wasn't retained". So assuming they are meaning the injector scaling I decided to adjust the injector pulse width tables based on their method. I got everything running well using only the Fuel Mass columns, leaving the pulse width columns the same as they were from the factory. Fueling was as needed but still had the same stumble at 2500. So again I set values in the PE tables to 0 with the exact same results as before.

I do know a way I can probably make this work on the fueling side, and that is to set all PE values to 0. Then either turn off NN and tune based on only the VE tables, or tune fueling using only the Pulse Width tables creating a slope that accounts for the changes as RPM and boost increase. I don't want to do this because this is a street driven vehicle, and since the VE tables at 0 seem to cause ignition timing changes I would really need to figure out where those values are coming from.

More to come from that drama that unfolds!
    I am currently going thru the same thing. Did you ever find the fix? I am running ID1050X. Would changing to FIC1200 be the fix. I've literally done everything else in the Fuel system and tuning.

Potential Tuner
    I?m having the same issue here but in a 5.7 Grand Cherokee with a V3si blower. Using fuel injector clinic 1000cc injectors have tried gapping plugs down to .024? adjusted cam timings both advancing and retarding.

Using Mopar 3 bar map sensor (part number 5149056AA) tried adding fuel to that area and it helped but never went away and if I tried to add more fuel, it would start to get worse. Haven?t tried a set of hellcat injectors but that?s likely going to be my next step.

Fueling in that area looks perfect until pretty much exactly when it crosses over 2500 rpm it does a quick lean spike which doesn?t concern me if I?m WOT before that rpm but usually I?m transitioning to PE around 2500 rpm and when it lean spikes there, AFR?s go to ~15.5

Doesn?t make sense as to why it?s fine in the PE table both before and after exactly 2500 rpm.

Hopefully one of the guys from the older replies got it figured out and have give some insight

Quote Originally Posted by HemiNate View Post
    I?m having the same issue here but in a 5.7 Grand Cherokee with a V3si blower. Using fuel injector clinic 1000cc injectors have tried gapping plugs down to .024? adjusted cam timings both advancing and retarding.

Using Mopar 3 bar map sensor (part number 5149056AA) tried adding fuel to that area and it helped but never went away and if I tried to add more fuel, it would start to get worse. Haven?t tried a set of hellcat injectors but that?s likely going to be my next step.

Fueling in that area looks perfect until pretty much exactly when it crosses over 2500 rpm it does a quick lean spike which doesn?t concern me if I?m WOT before that rpm but usually I?m transitioning to PE around 2500 rpm and when it lean spikes there, AFR?s go to ~15.5

Doesn?t make sense as to why it?s fine in the PE table both before and after exactly 2500 rpm.

Hopefully one of the guys from the older replies got it figured out and have give some insight
    I hope you know that the hellcat injectors flow less then the 1000cc you have?

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Potential Tuner
    Whipple car doing the same thing.
    Everything appears consistent except for the 2300-2600 lean spike.

I am not seeing a misfire at all. Just starting at 1100 and runs perfect at wot and stumbles at 2500ish and then moves back to commanded and runs smooth to red-line.

Whipple
    ID1700's
    6.4L Hemi
    Built bottom end
    Blower cam

We have been on the rollers for days trying to get it correct and not just bandaid'd

Any help on this issue or known remedy?

I am having same problem car ran fine till installed FIC 1000 injectors
    PSC1 Pro Charger
    87mm TB
    Long tube headers
    Walbro fuel pump
    Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
    Thanks

Tuner
    Having the same issues on a whippled 6.4 2012 Charger

I sent FIC a message about mine here is wha they sent me back
    To our knowledge, this is usually an issue of varying fuel pressure. Maintaining 58 psi of base fuel pressure will be crucial to proper operation with the provided data.
    I have already replaced my fuel pump with a Walbro 450 LPH F90000274
    Looking at my data I don't see a fuel pressure issue I used the data for 750 injectors and car ran fine but that is not the fix I am looking for.

Tuner
    Fixed it by adding alot of spark, was commanding around 0.
    Now commanding about 20 more degrees and limiting throttle max voltage to control the boost under 3000 rpm.
    98% fixed!
    (Issue was at 1700-2800 rpm it would misfire. I had PE voltage up and down thinking that was an issue. Disabled VVT, still same issue. Timing was super conservative thinking the high comp motor with long tubes would have high cylinder psi cuz the whipple 2.9)
    Pe voltage is now 1.7 and timing is crankeddddd
    Last edited by Cranked Automotive; 11-03-2022 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks for info I'm not sure if I have the same problem mine does it at exactly 2500 rpms and has 9 degrees of timing the only thing I see is a .1 drop of injector pulse it does it's little stumble then goes on I will try your fix tomorrow hopefully it will work

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks for info I'm not sure if I have the same problem mine does it at exactly 2500 rpms and has 9 degrees of timing the only thing I see is a .1 drop of injector pulse it does it's little stumble then goes on I will try your fix tomorrow hopefully it will work
    Might work

I tried everything from -15 to 0 degrees, closing throttle down to only 20% (effectively reducing PR ratio from 1.5 to 0.8 instead.
    It would hesitate all over between 1500-2600.

Now with 22* it is barely noticeable and its around 1.2 PR at 2000rpm.

My theory is the actual trapped air in the cylinders in much lower than the actual MAP estimation due to the stage 3 cam at this low RPM.

Good luck.