Thread: Neon Tuning

Advanced Tuner

Neon Tuning

I've searched the forum threads and looked on the product pages for Neon specific information, but have not be able to come up with specific topics relating to my searches.

So I have to start this thread.

Does HP Tuners support the 2002 Neon's? Specifically the manual R/T?

I do not see it in the Supported Vehicles List, however, does that list not show 2002 because it doesn't enable select tunable features/areas to consider it "fully supported" or does the PCM have no coding support making it entirely unsupported?

For instance, if the PCM can be flashed but simply lacks a table for Adaptive high octane, Max torque timing or a means to EGT logging that later years are able to be supported for, then that would be fine as long as HPTuners is still configured to recognize the 02' PCM.
    Now if the software just simply doesnt communicate with the 02 PCM, that would be good to know so I don't find out the hard way.

Any one have input?

Tuner
    Its completely unsupported other than being able to use the scanner for generic obd2 purposes. NGC3 is the oldest supported Dodge pcm which is 04-up. Some very late 03 vehicles had ngc3 as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Is the 2002 capable of accepting the NGC3 or a HP supported PCM with a simple un/plug, flash, and play module swap?

Advanced Tuner
    Can the 2002 neon's be swapped with a simple plug and play for a NGC3 and then be flashed to the N/A magnum tune? Sort of a pre-srt hardware swap preparation.

Advanced Tuner
    As long as the crank tone wheel has the same pattern as the Neon SRT-4 2.4L (which I believe it should), the cam sensor signal is in the expected range of crankshaft rotation (it might not be), and you can get around the SKIM system (from the last time I saw mention of it for the non-CAN NGC3 PCMs, HP Tuners still doesn't support disabling it), I don't see a reason why you couldn't make it work. You wouldn't be flashing a Magnum R/T tune onto it, though. At least, not that I would imagine. For one, I don't think HP Tuners has a read of a Magnum R/T that you could use as a base to flash to the car. And secondly, being that the PCMs are likely different hardware with different amounts of memory and different partition layouts, it may not be possible to do anyway.

You could just start out with a base SRT-4 calibration file, and just make the necessary adjustments to optimize the tune for your N/A car.

It will likely require re-pinning the PCM connectors, as I'm sure there are some differences between the 2.0 and 2.4 harness pin-outs, and you'll likely have to add some circuits to the harness (such as TIP sensor circuit, since the 2.0 didn't use a TIP and the 2.4 does). But as long as you have all the pins in the right places and the proper circuits in tact, it should work.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 10-10-2016 at 07:01 AM.