Thread: Throttle won't stay open 100% on 2016 C7 Z06

Potential Tuner

Throttle won't stay open 100% on 2016 C7 Z06

Pretty simple tune. 2017 C7 Z06 with M7, long tube headers, no cats, Halltech CAI. The throttle blade will not stay open 100% at all rpm when making pulls on the dyno. It will start off near 100% at 2000 rpm, then above 3000 rpm, it will start to close to the 60% range. By 4500 rpm, it is open 100% and stay that way for the rest of the pull. I have tried stock torque table up to maxing out the torque table with no luck. I have worked the Driver Demand tables from stock to taking the 100% area to 3-4 times its original value, but it makes no difference. Perhaps it's something I missed in the tune or something that's missing int he software. I am on V3.22.115. Tune and dyno log are posted. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

put all your torque tables and DD tables, etc to stock. then bump the Peak Torque table as little as possible from 2500 to 4000 (or so). Think in terms of 10-20 at a time.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    put all your torque tables and DD tables, etc to stock. then bump the Peak Torque table as little as possible from 2500 to 4000 (or so). Think in terms of 10-20 at a time.
    Did that already. The torque tables in this tune are stock. They were inched up a few % at a time to no effect. Even all the way to max. Still no help. The DD tables were stock and then inched up 10, 20, 30, 100, 200, 300%, still no effect to the throttle closing. The current tune has stock torque table and DD table increased 20%. Drove the best but still did not help the closing throttle. I tried many of the things suggested on the forum before reaching out including trying everything stock. If you see anything goofy in the tune, please reach out and tell me. I learn something new every day.

hard to say without tuning it myself. I don't have a throttle close issue on any of the cars I tune.

Tuner in Training
    I've found even on the stock ATS-V tune it will shut the throttle to control torque. This has been up for discussion for a while. Any input on throttle closures aside from the peak torque tables? I'd imagine it absolutely becomes an issue on high HP cars.

hard to say without tuning it myself. I don't have a throttle close issue on any of the cars I tune.

The stock Z06 closes the throttle, too, not just the ATS-V.

Not too many people having issues with it anymore, it seems. I'm rarely surfing the forum on my tuning laptop so I don't usually look at posted tunes unfortunately.

Potential Tuner
    The stock Z06 closes the throttle, too, not just the ATS-V.

Not too many people having issues with it anymore, it seems. I'm rarely surfing the forum on my tuning laptop so I don't usually look at posted tunes unfortunately.
    Well since I'm a noob on C7s, any help on what I've done wrong on the tune and how to fix it is certainly appreciated...big time. Thank you Higgs (plus anyone else willing to lend a helpful hand).

Did you get it figured out? My 2016 vsport is doing the same thing and pulling my hair out over it as tries it all now. I feel a table is missing at this point as tried it all.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Joe, the max torque per gear table is what was limiting the manual trans zo6's. Did you have hpt add that table to your definition to see if yours is maxed out?
    On the manual cars, you could get away with altering the torque coefficients to get around it, but that would be a no no on an automatic car like yours.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Just got an email back from support and they added it for me and said to update my os and it is there?? Do I down load the new version under my customer number from web site? Never had to do this before. I have managed to make 17 lbs on it now but the throttle stays at 56 percent all the time. For a brief moment it will go 100 percent and it it wicked then shuts to 60- 50 ish and still great but know way more is there at 100 percent open. With the added power the trans has actually adapted big time and hitting the shifts very fast and much harder I was shocked by that.
    I have been following a few of these threads and seems the new trucks fight this too and would assume the new camaro. While waiting on reply I will try to figure out how to update the os as he said. Thanks for chiming in on this as it seems no one else bothers once they figure things out on a lot of the threads lately.

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

well crap it is maxed out 6042 in every cell. I am really at a loss as I have tried so much to keep the throttle open on this car. I am still showing driver as torque source or engine as I am logging about 5 different sources. I have actually got a copy of a new era atsv tune and they were all over the torque coeff table eq ratio based only was changed and actually lowered in the 3600 rpm and up from 1.10 across and not sure if it is for throttle or something else. Other then that they do less then I have so maybe less is more.
    Its that or some other table is missing for this particular car. How did you find and request that max torque table in gear? How can you find whats missing I guess and needed? Just dejected as thought this was going to be what I was missing......ugh

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    well crap it is maxed out 6042 in every cell. I am really at a loss as I have tried so much to keep the throttle open on this car. I am still showing driver as torque source or engine as I am logging about 5 different sources. I have actually got a copy of a new era atsv tune and they were all over the torque coeff table eq ratio based only was changed and actually lowered in the 3600 rpm and up from 1.10 across and not sure if it is for throttle or something else. Other then that they do less then I have so maybe less is more.
    Its that or some other table is missing for this particular car. How did you find and request that max torque table in gear? How can you find whats missing I guess and needed? Just dejected as thought this was going to be what I was missing......ugh
    Im having the same issue on my 2018 CTSV. From 2000-5000 RPM, the blade doesnt open all the way. We have messed with DD tables , peak tq tables, but nothing has gotten rid of it. And from what my logs say, it ONLY happens in 1st gear on the track. On the dyno, it doesnt show up, as you are in 5th gear. But at the track, it shows up and the 60' stays exactly the same on every pass.

If anyone could help me find the table to fix this, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It is the tcm doing it my 2017 zl1 was doing that until I tuned the torque management out of the tcm. Went from 1.60 60 foots to a best of 1.38 this weekend at Cadillac attack.

Potential Tuner
    It is the tcm doing it my 2017 zl1 was doing that until I tuned the torque management out of the tcm. Went from 1.60 60 foots to a best of 1.38 this weekend at Cadillac attack.
    So the transmission calibration? That would make perfect sense. I didnt have the tranny tuned only the main computer.

Tuner in Training
    How are you tuning out TQ MGMT on the TCM. I am working on a C7 auto and want to get it to the track and make sure nothing is hindering 60ft like the OP was having.
    thanks in advance