Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All Kinds of Limits

Tuner in Training
    Figured out my problem. It was the Low and High MAP limit tables. The y-axis is labeled as coolant temp but it seems to be manifold temp. Since my coolant temp was around 200F and the limit in that table at 200F was 100inhg I didn't think that was the problem. I raised the lower values across the table and I now had 218% engine load and almost 56lbs/min air flow at 5700RPM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sc544x4f150 View Post
    Figured out my problem. It was the Low and High MAP limit tables. The y-axis is labeled as coolant temp but it seems to be manifold temp. Since my coolant temp was around 200F and the limit in that table at 200F was 100inhg I didn't think that was the problem. I raised the lower values across the table and I now had 218% engine load and almost 56lbs/min air flow at 5700RPM.
    I'm glad you got around what was limiting you, I didn't think I'd had to change mine, when I just went and double checked they are raised at all temps as well.

I'd be interested to see a log of what you're looking like now, the one you uploaded said you were hitting an injector limit at the end of a gear, and that was at 1.86 air load requested. along the same lines try to reduce the number of parameters you're logging. The connection only has the bandwith to transmit a certain amount of data at a time, and you're well over it. Thats why your waste gate duty cycle and throttle positions look like nice straight lines instead of looking more like your injector line does. It can also cause you to miss events that happen briefly that could be tripping check engine lights or clueing you into an underlying limiter.

Tuner in Training
    I will get a better log when I can. Now that my fuel demand is higher I'm getting the dip in fuel pressure some people have seen in first gear. The injector limiter comes up now when actual fuel rail pressure drops too far below desired. My desired rail pressure is way too high right now from trying to get around the injector limit. Since the changes to the EOI clip helped more than the increased pressure I'm going to start working on lowering the pressure now.
    Last edited by sc544x4f150; 12-14-2017 at 08:38 PM.