Thread: 4.3l s10 doesnt want to run with 2 bar speed density tune

Potential Tuner

4.3l s10 doesnt want to run with 2 bar speed density tune

can anyone tell me whats going on? I cant get my truck to run on sd 2 bar. I put ls3 injectors in it and may or may not have the data input correctly-kind of think I do. I loaded the 2 bar with the ls3 injector data it doesn't want to run, if I hold the throttle to the floor it will hit but smoke really bad like the injectors are hanging open it doesn't want to run at all. so I put the base tune in which is just the old tune with the 2 bar changed on it--this tune has the 23lb injector data in it--more of the same. but if I load the old maf tune in it it will run this tune has 23lb injector data in it. I did check the map sensor and with the 2 bar tune its reads 101kpa with the key on engine off, when I flash to the maf tune it reads 51kpa. don't know if the map is the issue or not.start up map2.hpt

File is tuner locked.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    start up map2.hptok I think I have it unlocked under tools-options it said tuner lock no but under edit-calibration details it said tuner locked I double clicked it now it says os locked.

Potential Tuner
    well thanks to boosted6 on s10 forum I figured out my ve table was screwed don't know how they got that way but the whole table was 367 and the old maf file had numbers ranging from 50-70 so I set the whole table to 67 and now it starts and idles so after I fix an exhaust leak and readjust my valves ill be asking more questions. can anyone point me to where to go to unlock my tune guys on s10 forum couldn't view my file icant figure out how to unlock it and it even says its unlocked

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Click unlock again to unlock the tune, then write it onto the PCM and allow it to save/overwrite on your laptop when you are finished. The VE table will always have default numbers in it immediately following a BAR upgrade and people usually start trending it beginning with putting most of the stock VE values in and working on it from there. This has been covered before and more can be found in here with a search, and also check out the V8 section for a few tips as the 4.3 PCM's are used there as well and discussed regularly regarding common tuning tactics.

Potential Tuner
    thanks the search wasn't doing much for me, I have checked the v8 section but I couldn't find anything that was exactly like what I was looking for. it seems like I was able to find more just using google and typing in hptuners and2 bar or ls3 etc. I appreciate it,