Thread: Can I tune on more than 1 laptop, but with the same interface and license file?

Tuner in Training

Can I tune on more than 1 laptop, but with the same interface and license file?

And can I give my file to others as a baseline once I am done. I know they will need 2 credits for their vehicle, but can they open my baseline file and then flash their car with it?

It's never a good idea to flash someone else's file into to your computer or someone else's. It's always possible to brick a computer that way.

Just use the compare feature that has been around forever and use whatever parts you/they need and copy them over if you/they wish to use parts of another tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, can I use 2 different laptops with the same HPT interface?

Yes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, what's the trick. It tells me to connect the unit via USB and then it does not recognize it in the software nor does it apply my license, which matches that HPT interface unit.

Have to install USB drivers just like you always have to do, nothing special there.

Once it's picking up the interface correctly then open VCM Editor, go to Help, VCM Suite Information, hit the little i button at the top and it'll sync licenses
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Have to install USB drivers just like you always have to do, nothing special there.
    I don't think that most people ever need to "manually" install the USB drivers - usually, that's taken care of automatically during the software installation.

I know that there is a "how-to" document somewhere that explains how to manually download and install the USB drivers. Does anyone have a link to that in order to help him install the drivers manually?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks to you both. I'll follow the how to if possible.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a how-to for manually installing the USB drivers. However, being that this is from 2006, I'm assuming that there are newer drivers that the link provided in this how-to. Not sure off-hand where to download the latest version of the drivers. Anyone else know?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...r-installation

Quote Originally Posted by gte View Post
    Ok, what's the trick. It tells me to connect the unit via USB and then it does not recognize it in the software nor does it apply my license, which matches that HPT interface unit.
    What windows OS? Assuming it is Windows.

The auto install for USB drivers has never worked for me so I always just install them manually. Perhaps others have better luck with that, but given the OP's issue it seems that might be a common issue

Tuner in Training
    7 pro and 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by NJ_Phil View Post
    What windows OS? Assuming it is Windows.

Tuner in Training
    The link above that jtrosky posted works for manual installation of usb drivers for win 7 and 10. I had to use it several months ago for all 3 of my computers, (2 with win 7, 1 new one with win 10)
    - Ken

2014 Chevy SS, LS3 6.2L, auto, Whipple Supercharged, 8 psi on 91 octane.

Tuner in Training
    This worked, thanks everyone