Thread: 01 4t65e converter

Tuner in Training

01 4t65e converter

I am having difficulty with converter lockup on this 01 regal. If anyone can help, let me know!
    Built this transmission, put a high stall converter in it. I can not seem to get 2nd and 3rd gears to keep from locking up, which I do not want. In fact, most of the tcc tables seem to have no effect if modified. I have zeroed out the 2/3 release, maxed out the 2/3 apply, but it still does whatever it wants. The min/max tcc pressure does not seem to make any difference either.
    Any guess?

Got a tune file?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ignore some of the weird settings....
    Was testing. to see if anything was effected.

By the way, it is a 2900 stall converter, 4t65e w/ transgo shift kit and did a progressive boost valve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joefus25; 10-06-2016 at 04:52 PM.

The converter shouldn't lock in 2nd gear. That why both tables stock are 255/254mph.

If you don't want 3rd to lock up either you'd want to set both of those to max MPH speed too, so they don't lock up.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Attachment 63645

I did this and it still applies in 2nd and 3rd

Attachment doesn't work.

With the tune file you posted it needs to be above 256mph to apply in 2nd gear, so I have no idea what your problem is.

Never had issues like this when I owned a grand prix, I didn't upgrade the converter but I've messed with 3-4th gear locking unlocking settings.

Tuner in Training
    Well, it is from tune file. I dont know what my problem is either....Maybe there is issue with this pcm? Seems to be usual situation for what I work on...nothing works right.apply table.jpg

I'd even try flashing back to stock and going for a drive, see what happens.

Tuner in Training
    TCC duty cycle's all set to 99 going over some other tune files they seem to drop off.

Tuner in Training
    I had duty cycles set to normal, then I changed the DC to 99 just to see if it would apply correctly. Pulling trans back out this morning to make sure it's nothing mechanical.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by joefus25 View Post
    Ignore some of the weird settings....
    Was testing. to see if anything was effected.

By the way, it is a 2900 stall converter, 4t65e w/ transgo shift kit and did a progressive boost valve
    This is what TCM?