Thread: Failing to read most of the time on two different lap tops.

Advanced Tuner

Failing to read most of the time on two different lap tops.

Guys I'm very frustrate with this two laptops, brand new ones. The first one it's a Toshiba I bought it and download the 3.0 but it fails every time I read a truck it takes like 20 attempts, so I decide to just use my old Lenovo laptop a 5 year old laptop. I was just using the Toshiba for the new trucks but it gave me so much problems and on top of that my old laptop fell from a table and broke the screen😡. So I went to Best Buy bought another laptop, I saw a Lenovo laptop and got me that one since the old work good. The same thing it's happening failed to read, the part that scared me it's when it's loading the file and it failed. Have anyone have a problem with it or it's the software? I hated this new laptops.

Right now I'm here wit a truck that won't turn on because it failed to write the file, i have 20 minutes here trying to write it.

Try a new USB side cable. Sounds nuts, but it seems my first notice of "time to replace" is when I have some read errors. Try it before they turn into write-errors.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Let me try it.

Advanced Tuner
    I got a hold of an used one after a hour of trying, got it plug it in and it work 😑

They just don't hold up; thank God the OBDII side isn't so fragile.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com