Thread: WOT Goes Rich, Throttle Tip in Knock

Tuner in Training

WOT Goes Rich, Throttle Tip in Knock

I did some looking around the forum and to no avail on the WOT rich issue. I've looked at power enrich as well and can't seem to make that work to my ability either. Set at 55Kpa to start PE, but even scewed the Equiv ratio gas chart to some insane number like 40 and no change.

I've done the MAF tuning and VVE tuning from some great directions on this forum. Just looking for some input on PE tuning and general look at my tune.

I see it's commanding .8 Lambda (10.5:1 af) but can't figure out where to make the change. (new to HPT)

2008 Burban LMG 5.3L E38

Cam motion Stage 2 truck cam

Airaid Intake pipe

Catch can

Thanks for the Help!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jaker; 10-08-2016 at 04:52 PM.

under engine - fuel -power enrich- power enrichment (eq ratio gas)
    that is where you need to make the change
    Last edited by ants-gts; 10-08-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    2013 GEN F GTS (the stormtrooper)
    mods- BTR stg3 cam, pac valve springs, harrop intake, ID850s, forced induction interchiller, 2.55 upper/9.17 lower pullys, snow performance water/meth injection, defillipo 3" catback, cat delete pipes, built and tuned by me

Tuner in Training
    That was it! Thank you!

I must have completely overlooked the WOT portion of the PE graph.... Opps!

See and issues with the knock going on there?

Tuning Addict
    Same area - PE settings - lower your pedal down into the 30's - change delay to 1500 or 1000 - change ramp in rate to 1.2... Where your knocking even though you have it floored out - your not in PE until 3900 rpms then once going into PE the knock gradually goes away... You need to tune in your MAF and VE too - fuelings not bad off, but enough to cause problems from the looks of it...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Ah! I see. Thanks for the help guys.

I'll mess with it tomorrow and report back.

Throttle percent enable can be a preference thing too, being really low like 30% can make you be in a out of PE more than you want. I prefer 60-70% on the trucks because 20-50% is my normal pedal movements when I'm just driving around and no need for extra fuel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    It's been taking me a bit to get the VVE dialed in and I finally have it finished. MAF tune goes quick.

Just started messing with the PE, works pretty good except for the fact it doesn't correlate with TPS exactly. Example is I have it starting at 20% throttle and doesn't start coming in until -/+36%. This could be the delay I have set as well......... going to keep messing around and report back with a file.

Tuner in Training
    Played around today and this evening after work. Here's what I have ended up with and I like how it feels and basically stays out of knock.

I do have one complaint that I can't seem to work on which is a rough idle. Basically like a lean idle, slight missfires but nothing for DTC's. It will throw a p1174 code (bank 1 trim) once in awhile. The O2's seem fine, exhaust is stock, engine/heads rebuilt, injectors new, AF's stoich, and can't seem to find any intake leaks. It did have this small stumble before rebuild as well, just got more noticable with the cam. Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bad coil maybe? Saw a local guy with an idle misfire, new coil fixed it. You can try logging misfires for every cylinder and see if it's more prevalent on a particular cylinder or two

Also idle timing is going a bit all over, that can feel kind of rough. Probably need to work on some of the idle airflow and adapt spark settings some. There's a good gen 4 idle thread that Mike did in this section somewhere
    Last edited by schpenxel; 10-12-2016 at 07:40 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Perfect, I'll look into that! Thanks

I've also been reading tidbits about top teir fuels. Chev recommends Chevron Techron and some people have verified it smooths idle. I can say it idles smoother on E85 than 87 E10.