Thread: 2005 LLY duramax trans tuning

Tuner in Training

2005 LLY duramax trans tuning

hey guys im looking for some suggestions on what i should change in the trans for a quicker shift and maybe a touch firmer. i know i have to change shift times and pressures but i don't know how much i can change them and still be safe. this is a sock transmission. any help is appreciated!

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I'd up the shift pressure by 2 or 3 psi till it feels good to you. Shift time reduce by .010 till it feels good. You don't want gear slamming. Just firm crisp shift.

Tuner in Training
    be careful. Allisons are much different than the 4l60/80 stuff. you can create problems trying to get them to shift "firm"

Tuner in Training
    thanks guys ill be trying this in the next couple of days. i tried a tune from the tune repository but it shifted terrible so i returned it to stock. yes i learned quickly they are different than the 4l60/80s really quick. again thanks for the pointers. i will let ya'll know how it goes once the guy brings his truck back to me.

Potential Tuner
    Any luck?

Tuner in Training
    nothing yet. i havent had much time with the truck as the guy has been towing