Thread: Torque Source - Unknown: 18

[Solved] Torque Source - Unknown: 18

Resolution: Eric has chimed in saying that this is torque source 24 - Torque Steer (Binary 18 = Decimal 24)

I've randomly seen an unknown torque source in my 2016 XSport that fairly aggressively lowers my desired torque and seems to prevent power enrichment. I've found a list of ford torque sources, but it lists 18 as Engine Indicated Torque Limit which I have seen in the scanner before so I'm thinking it may be something else.

I wanted to see if anyone here had any insight before opening an issue up with HPT since I feel like I've been pestering them recently.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trent_Petersen; 10-11-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Updated OP with Erics findings
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

That might just be a bug in the scanner. 18 is indeed Engine Indicated Torque Limit.
    There's a 2D function that has a limit RPM vs TQ. I don't recall the number right off for the table, but Eric should be able to add it to your strategy if you don't have it.

Here is a log that has both Eng. Ind. TQ Limit and Unknown: 18. I've raised the limiters and no longer see Eng. Ind. TQ Limit, but I will still randomly see this Unknown: 18.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    Here is a log that has both Eng. Ind. TQ Limit and Unknown: 18. I've raised the limiters and no longer see Eng. Ind. TQ Limit, but I will still randomly see this Unknown: 18.
    Looks like I need to update the definitions for Torque Source. The 18 value you see is the hex value out of the PCM, so that is actually Torque Source 24 which is from Torque Steer.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Looks like I need to update the definitions for Torque Source. The 18 value you see is the hex value out of the PCM, so that is actually Torque Source 24 which is from Torque Steer.
    While you are at it can you add a way to disable it? (I know its not that easy)

Thanks Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    While you are at it can you add a way to disable it? (I know its not that easy)

Thanks Eric!
    Yessir, I plan to.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Torque Source descriptions in VCM Scanner have been updated. Tomorrows build will take care of the Unknowns.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC