Thread: New 4L60E went soft

Potential Tuner

New 4L60E went soft

I just overhauled the 4l60e in my truck, and for the first couple drives the vcm scanner was showing a constant 92psi for 'Line pressure desired', no matter what throttle/load/rpm. The trans was shifting really quick and firm. Just recently as i was trying to collect some data before making adjustments, i noticed that the shifts softened up SIGNIFICANTLY. its not slipping (at least i think). i haven't made a WOT pull because i was nervous there was an issue, and i didn't want to damage something with less than 100 miles on it.
    Anyways, now the shift pressure will vary with load/throttle/rpm. the scanner was showing 0psi at idle and would climb around depending on how i was driving it. the highest i saw was ~70psi. (but i wasnt driving very aggresivly)
    i do understand they learn adaptive shifts and adjust pressure accordingly

so here are my questions:
    stupid question first- why are the pressure tables showing 92psi line pressure, when i thought i should be around 200something for line pressure? what pressure is this reading/how/where is it measuring it from?

i have the shift time set to 0, and the shift adapt x,y,z set to disabled, why didn't my pressure go back to the unlearned 92psi?

is there a way to unlearn shift adapt in HP tuners?

in attempt to unlearn the shift adapt, i disconnected my battery ground for about 15mins, and nothing changed. still soft.

as far as the mechanical modifications go:
    shift kit- trans scat TCI (#376002)
    vette servo
    sonnax .490 boost valve
    TCI 3000stall converter

im trying to figure out if i have a mechanical issue, or if its simply a computer/cal issue. any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by JThomas; 10-11-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Okay, so I used a friends scanner and reset all of the adaptive pressures. The trans is still just as soft?!

Then, I made a WOT pull from a stop. The shifts felt good, zero recorded slips, no shift flare, and I spun 3 tires on the launch. Any ideas? I have the battery disconnected again, I was told it should take up to an hour. So I'm going to give it a try.
    Last edited by JThomas; 10-12-2016 at 11:55 AM.

The magical log file and actual tune file could be handy here.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The magical log file and actual tune file could be handy here.
    let me go put the battery back in, then save a log if its still soft and ill upload it.

Potential Tuner
    '07 TBSS - Tune 1.hpt

here is the most up to date tune i had loaded in

Potential Tuner
    here is the log and tune from when everything was good.

first pull tune.hpt
    first pull.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Trans still soft...

What other channels should I log? Time to put a mechanical gauge on it?