Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New wideband to add to the stable.....

New wideband to add to the stable.....

Just bit the bullet and ordered my AEM 30-0333 X series wide-band......WB number 4 to go with the LC-1, LM-1 and LM-2...tired of the serial to USB wiring and connector changes :-) Fore all I spent on these (and sesnors) I could of gotten an ECM AFM1000...:-)

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 10-13-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

You've finally come to the dark side
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Is that the one you said displays in AFR and Lambda?

Quote Originally Posted by Jggregory99 View Post
    Is that the one you said displays in AFR and Lambda?
    Yes Jason.....programmable display and output with front bezel that can be reversed...only reason I went this route....plus I don't have the $3500 for a Lambda Pro. Need a bunch more students and tune :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Yes Jason.....programmable display and output with front bezel that can be reversed...only reason I went this route....plus I don't have the $3500 for a Lambda Pro. Need a bunch more students and tune :-)

Ed M
    Don't look at me... I've been putting your name out there,...but, like I said...NY is RICER territory... ;-) Where did you get the new WB.... Saw it on Summit and a few other places.. for like $225 Tired of dealing with AFR, and the WEGO... and all the damn wires for running serial to HP Tuners... I want something a little more plug and play... AND LAMBDA...

Summit is, or was, the cheapest place I could find it

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    summit is, or was, the cheapest place i could find it
    tks...

Can it be wired into a Cigarette/Aux Power charger plug..?

Yes, I have one setup like that

(yeah, I've got two, lol)

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

$222.75 seems to be price fixed unless you want to give Jeggs $332.59 They online price match but then why advertise a higher price...to catch a few sleepers and make a bit more money????.....Actually went through Modern Automotive Performance...first time but so far their customer support seems awesome. Have received 2 Faceboo Chatheads and 3 emails on the progress of my order today alone.....shipped a little while ago and if you can wait 5-7 days, shipping is free. Seems to me it will get here a bit sooner....we will see,

Ed M

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Jggregory99 View Post
    Can it be wired into a Cigarette/Aux Power charger plug..?
    Watch the power jacks...I have heard (had a client) where the voltage drops a bit more than normal due to the O2 Heater and Unit load. Back in the days when these units actually heated an element, the wiring was pretty beefy...now 2 amps is about all they need to supply.

Ed M

[email protected]

For a while Jegs was the only place that had them in stock, so I think I bought the first one there... price matched with Summit, of course

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Watch the power jacks...I have heard (had a client) where the voltage drops a bit more than normal due to the O2 Heater and Unit load. Back in the days when these units actually heated an element, the wiring was pretty beefy...now 2 amps is about all they need to supply.

Ed M
    I had that problem w/ the Silverado using the WEGO... Voltage would drop and the unit would go to PC mode and stop recording AFR... Had to hard wire a new Aux outlet to the radio harness Hot and install the outlet in a blank spot in the dash.. Pain in the ass cause I had to take the whole damn dash apart, but the wiring was a little stronger.. Haven't had that problem since...

Think Modern Automotive was one of the places I saw it...@ $222.75... Guess they're as good as any other place... Tks guys...
    Last edited by Jggregory99; 10-13-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Tuner in Training
    What would you recommend for cheaper portable wideband, just wanna put power to it and plug to my pro and go. Disconnect and pull my sensor out and go to another vehicle.

Innovate lm-2 for 250$ or the NTK afrm gen 2 is 250$ or the AEM 30-0333 for 223$
    those are the main two im looking at, or there are some older lm-2 for 120-150$ used, but the AEM i have in my car now doesnt work majority of the time so i dont want the headache

Tuner in Training
    anyone tell me how you used it in the setting for using it with the laptop,i cant seem to get mine dialed into what the guage says on dash laptop has higher number then read out on guage that comes with it. the drop down has the AEM slot ,i have an older AEm and it works foine in my other car this new guage,maybe i just dont remeber how to do this...help...

We need more info. Just saying it's wrong doesn't really help us help you.

What wideband model? What are you getting in HPT? What is the gauge displaying? Logs? How is it connected? How are the grounds connected? Or are they?

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    sorry had it posted elsewheres,
    i need help with scanner wideband
    I am trying to get my new AEM wideband to work with my laptop,I have a AEM x P/N 30-0300 series UEGO that uses a bosch LSU4.9 is like 2 points higher when I try to log the AFR the guage on dash I assume is correct. I am attaching the file im using can u get it any closer for me?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    File Type: hpl working widebandpocmofnc.hpl (110.7 KB, 2 views)

Tuner in Training
    i followed the AEM instructions on hookup,grounded it brown wire i beleive to same place guage is in the pod in dash.guage works fine im assuming just shows up on laptop as a diffrent number,yes im aware i used a diffrent wideband setting in dropdown,lol it was closer then the AEM one,i have no idea what i did wrong.I have the older AEM in my other car and set it up years back totally dont remember what I did to get it too work,my config dont work on new AEM. ugh..I think its just something i am not doing in the setting,again been years since ive messed with it,i have no idea what im doing. just dont mess with it much.

Need a log, what formula are you using?

Tuner in Training
    I am not sure what you mean on formula?