Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2003-2005 2.2L ecotec Supercharger calibration

Tuner in Training

2003-2005 2.2L ecotec Supercharger calibration NOT SUPPORTED

Guys here is my question?

Is this calibration supported by HPTuners? or not? there have been several people on the j-body.org who have bought the hptuners and are getting improper operating system pair, IS this new reflash not supported?

Because when i purchased this software it was said to be included, but if so many people are having problems are we out of luck. So is my mvpi pro now just a paper weight? cause i cant use it for the vehicle i bought it for?

I am suppose to go get the reflash tomorrow @ the dealership for the supercharger and am wondering if i need to bypass the reflash and just use the hptuners instead of the gm cal?

I can send the vcm info tomorrow after i get the flash? i suppose i could always have it flashedback to stock.
    Last edited by Snowman; 05-24-2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: needed to be done.

we have had one person email us a calibration that had the ID set to 0, which we cannot identify and hence cannot support. We cannot identify unknown calibrations.

If you type your VIN into calid.gm.com you will see a list of valid calibration ID's for your vehicle. These are what we support. All vehicles we have seen that have had the GM reflash show up the SC reflash cal ID's here as well.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    ok chris well i found out today that all the vci numbers are the same for all 2003-2005 MANUAL TRANSMISSION j-body's(i have programmed 6 now and everytime i call i get the same vci...all 5-speeds). Now i managed to copy the files from TIS 2000 and send them as an attachment to you chris. they are .bin files so i dont know if you can read them or not.

but i do know that they are the programs that you choose before you download them to the tech 2. they are exactly what goes into the tech 2 to get the reflash. So i dont know if you can do anything w/ the files. If you could i would greatly appreciate it as well as all other 5-speed j-bodys w/ the fllash.

and directly from TIS.......my old cal id was 12579652.....and it was updated to 12607610....id number 238

thanks

got your email i'll look at it today.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Chris...any kind of update would be awesome when you get one..........wheter it be good or bad......but hopefully good

Tuner in Training
    If all the calibration numbers are the same for the manual transmissions, are they also the same for the autos I wonder? and if they are wouldnt' it be as easy as simply asking GM or maybe even a local dealer what the calibration numbers are?

Also, I went to calid.gm.com and typed in my VIN and it had a list of 4 calibrations, maybe one of these would be the right one, I can send you this list if you would like.

Guys, unfortunately after looking at the code we are just unable to support these calibrations. The calibration ID's have been deleted and even worse the ROM checksums are incorrect and disabled. This means that if you have a flash ROM failure you will never know (ie. P0601 has been disabled and bypassed). I'm quite surprised at the hacky nature of these mods and that GM would endorse such a thing. The logic behind some of the code changes is certainly quite strange.

It gives me inspiration to come up with a 2bar solution of our own in the future.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Chris,

Can you do everyone a favor and pull ALL of the maps out of the code and produce them for us????

That's all we really need honestly.

Regardless, I'm fairly disappointed right now that I spent $500 on a product that promised to support the entire 97-05 line of J-Body cars, but then come to find out a month later that the most important calibration ever isn't supported.

Right now, I feel a little cheated out of my money. If anything, I hope you guys consider releasing a 2 bar tune for free to compensate for not being able to support the car that you said you would support before I purchased the product.

In fact it's not all you need, the code modifications are an essential part of the file that is flashed into the PCM to account for the 2.5bar MAP sensor with integrated IAT sensor.

Without the calibration ID i cannot extract the parameters, it's that simple.

Also, with incorrect and disabled file checksums, i cannot guarantee what you read from the PCM is error free and actually matches what is stored in the PCMs flash ROM.

I understand your frustration but there really is nothing else that can be done. It's very frustrating for me as well.

You have a PM.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    But atleast give us an idea of how we can modify the fuel curve and the maps so we can basically copy it top our stock tunes and just do the fake 2 bar setup?
    Last edited by Snowman; 05-24-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Tuner in Training
    i wanna pm too

Tuner in Training
    I don't understand, I thought Snowman sent you the calibration ID in a different file, why cant you use that? Or just type in our vin number on the calid site? It doesn't come up as 0 on there.

If that doesn't work is there a way we can put it back to the stock tune and then license it?

Also you said, "It gives me inspiration to come up with a 2bar solution of our own in the future." Does that mean you would be able to fix this problem in the future? And if so would it be any time soon?

Tuner
    Chris- I know several of us have sent you the cal ID we recorded using other software (GM and OBD-2 to be exact). Was it invalid or simply wrong?
    I can perfectly understand if just knowing it is of no particular use for you, also.
    I just want to know for future reference and to better understand the system.

Tuner in Training
    Also, are the scanners useless to us to without being able to read the pcm? Or will it still be able to be used? Or are we going to have to interpretate the results differently or something?

Tuner in Training
    also it sucks for those who licensed there cars before they got reflashed...so they cant do anything and have a waisted license unless they go back to stock.

basically what happened john is we sent chris all the info, he then looked @ it and couldnt do anyhtign with it. Its liek goin to a library and trying to find a book but there is no number system. hes got better things to do then try and find this number. ANd if he does search and search and looks through everything and doesnt find it then we waisted his time.

he has seen this in other cars....v6 and some ls1's i think. you cant calibrate something thats not there. so to speak. hence the id of zero.

Advanced Tuner
    ^ Its really not even that. There are tons of calibrations, even for the S/C reflash, they change it quite a bit. So if there is no way of knowing which one the PCM has on it, then he can't tell which one to load the parameters for, and who knows what you'd be editing. And even moreso, GM disabled and bypassed the checksums, meaning that the existing checksums are no good, and if he read the PCM he couldn't verify that it was a good or bad read, you'd have no idea what you'd be flashing back to the pcm.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    ^^^^ Apparently other readers could read our calibration ID though, so why is there such a problem? Can't we just have some other reader read it for us then send him the calibration ID? As far as the checksums are concerned, I'm wondering if maybe they weren't deleted....because if he can't read our calibration ID's but other things can, maybe he just can't read the checksums too.

Either way, here's something else maybe of interest. I e-mailed GM performance parts about it and they said,

"We appreciate your e-mail regarding the calibration ID of the computer
    in
    your 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, after adding supercharger part number
    17800003. The program is not locked"

Then they go on to say to have your GM dealer look at for you. So it's not locked, that should be promising I would think, because I thought I read that the other cars that were having problems were because they were locked.

Tuner in Training
    GM's definition of locked is different........and GM is nto going to endorse or help with programming codes, they dont let tha kinda thing out.

There isnt much else we can do except accept the fact that it wont work.
    Chris has everything we can possibly give him. ANd he said its a no go.

Gm wont help
    gm parts direct wont help

If they say there is no way around it then theres not....they have been doin this for along time. And im pretty sure chris knows what eh is talkin about

Tuner in Training
    So does that mean that he's never going to be able to support our calibrations? If so, would going back to the stock calibration be a viable alternative? How hard would it be if I bought a stock ecm from a junkyard, hooked it up and licensed it with hptuners? Or have there been so many changes from stock to the supercharger reflash that it'd be hard to get it working right without messing something up? Thanks

Potential Tuner
    This makes me sad.