Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2003-2005 2.2L ecotec Supercharger calibration

Tuner in Training
    Anyone have any more updates on how things are going? What is everyone else with the eco s/c with reflash doing?

Tuner

Thumbs down

Unfortunately I have nothing better to report.

To the best of my knowledge, every car with the flash has gotten the same flash.
    After some serious time spent last week on the phone with GM, we found out that GM considers the flash everyone got so far as "archival" for whatever that means. After more discussion, the finally gave us a different flash to use on the car. We used it and the car runs perfect, verifying that it is indeed the correct SC flash.

I had hopes that this new flash would be readable, but I found out on Saturday that it is not. Cal ID is still set at "0". Same as before.
    I was able to get a cal ID using other software and attaching a screen shot.

I also tried to download a 2000 SC 2.4 Auto cal and it too had the same VCM/OS mismatch as the eco and could not be DL'ed either.

Potential Tuner
    What about the autos protomec? I live in lansing, anyway we could meet up and check it out somehow?

Tuner
    You wouldn't happen to be planning to go to JCO next weekend?

Tuner
    And yet there's another correction, the story I posted is wrong.

This is getting really dumb.

The simple story is the I have access to 2 cars with the reflash, one with the kit and a second thats turbo. To make the reflashing "simpler" the tech at the dealer that flashed the second (turboed) car used the 1st car's info, VIN and all.
    The second car ended up flashed with the 1st's stock cal (NA). When the 2nd car went back to the dealer to be corrected, the tech told me the BS story I related a couple of posts back.
    I just finished checking the first car a few minutes ago for another problem and happened to notice all the same info as I saw on the second car. SO there is still only one known flash for the SC Eco man. cars and I havent been able to find anything else about it.

Potential Tuner
    I more then likely am

Potential Tuner
    following this.....

damn stupid GM.... I can't see how they would gain from locking our PCMs like that...

Potential Tuner
    Well... I cant make the bash, my car is still in the body shop It was supposed to be done by today.

Potential Tuner
    I am following this thread. I have a 2002 Eco Automatic turbo car that needs some help in the tuning dept.

Anyone have any chance to play with HPT at the bash?

Tuner
    Not for an eco.
    I did try to DL an 01 2200 though.

Tuner in Training
    I emailed Chris a couple days ago asking if there were any new developments on this issue or if there had been any progress, his reply was...

There's nothing much i can do about it unfortunately.

Chris...

So I guess we're kind of out of luck. So I was wondering what everyone else in this situation is doing? Any other ideas? Going back to stock pcm then trying to use hp tuners?

Tuner in Training
    this is really back from the dead,

but apparently there is a new calibration, to correct an idle problem.
    Im gonna call tomorrow for more information. hopefully there is some news.

Also Alot of gms car went up for sale on ebay, engines, maybe one has a pcm thats flashed and unlocked.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    this is really back from the dead,

but apparently there is a new calibration, to correct an idle problem.
    Im gonna call tomorrow for more information. hopefully there is some news.

Also Alot of gms car went up for sale on ebay, engines, maybe one has a pcm thats flashed and unlocked.

Any updates?

Potential Tuner
    Anything?? I'd really like to be able to use HPTuners the way its meant to be used

Quote Originally Posted by djdnz
    Anything?? I'd really like to be able to use HPTuners the way its meant to be used
    Not gonna happen...

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Starting to feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway....

Senior Tuner
    Does anyone have said 03-05 eco sc 5 speed VCI number?

I am trying something here with a pcm and would like to use my Tis to update this Pcm, maybe we can get somewhere with it