Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insight Pro

Insight Pro

Has anyone used an insight pro for 03-05 cummins yet? Been having fits and i bet i've spent over 8 hours with Edge over it so far trying to get things to work right and can't seem to get everthing to play nice together. Does anyone have experience yet on this??

Potential Tuner
    I was planning on getting one. Pretty cool to have tunes stored in unit and not need laptop. What problems are younhaving?

Tuner in Training
    I had a couple of stumble at first but everything seems good now. What's your issue?

Tunes upload to the Pro just fine no problem it's after you select what tune to upload to the truck that it keeps coming up with a "System File Error" "Please call Technical support." It's driving me nuts. Spent another hour on the phone with them this morning. Going to try a different device on a 6.0 today hopefully.

Tuner in Training
    How many tunes does the edge hold and can they be switched on the fly?

Tuner
    how do you use this i have the insight 2 i would love more info
    2005 Dodge 2500
    80% over injectors, 5" turbo back exhaust, HP Tuners, ARP head studs.
    Intake, Tater Built Turbo 67/67, Fleece 750 Powerflow CP3.
    2.5" front lvl kit, 35's on Soto 20x10s

They hold up to 4 tunes and they are not changable on the fly at this point just a flash time but it should be way easier then carrying a computer and suite everywhere you go!!

Tuner
    trying one tommorw, but after one 6.4 ford and 2 6.0s causing heck with one 6.0 being dead in water for 2 weeks I have little faith in edge
    Joe ''House'' Kupferschmid
    Diesel Tuning man..
    FB me or
    www.angoladavesdiesel.com

Did a 6.0 Today and it worked absolutely flawlessly. The 05 Cummins is still throwing fits at this point.

Tuner
    day one of 05 cummins worked flawless.. day two start dyno tuning... insight froze on initialization screen.. gave up after 5 mins and used HP cable rest of day
    Diesel Tuning man..
    FB me or

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    day one of 05 cummins worked flawless.. day two start dyno tuning... insight froze on initialization screen.. gave up after 5 mins and used HP cable rest of day
    That's one thing it keeps doing!!

Please e-mail Insight support so they can work with you on fixing this issue. We only have control over the export side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Please e-mail Insight support so they can work with you on fixing this issue. We only have control over the export side of things.
    I have been working with them on that truck for weeks now. Last time i spoke with them was last Wednesday 10/02 and they said they would let me know when the engineers were able to figure something out.

Tuner in Training
    Same here. Mine froze after loading my custom files when I went to load them on the truck. Froze at the reading custom files screen. Been talking with the edge engineers as well as mine won't update or anything now and waiting to hear back. I have the VCM suite as well so it doesn't put me in a bind right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseladdict View Post
    Same here. Mine froze after loading my custom files when I went to load them on the truck. Froze at the reading custom files screen. Been talking with the edge engineers as well as mine won't update or anything now and waiting to hear back. I have the VCM suite as well so it doesn't put me in a bind right now.
    I think we got it figured out. If you read the "base tune" out of the ECM with the HPT Suite then the the files are different then if the file is read out with the Insight pro. Sometimes it works and others it would get super pissed off. If you use the read file from the Insight Pro that is your best option. If you don't you can get erratic problems with the Insight.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    I think we got it figured out. If you read the "base tune" out of the ECM with the HPT Suite then the the files are different then if the file is read out with the Insight pro. Sometimes it works and others it would get super pissed off. If you use the read file from the Insight Pro that is your best option. If you don't you can get erratic problems with the Insight.
    I did read the base tune with the edge pro as I new the file types were different. Only thing I didn't do was return the truck to the "stock read" file, not sure if that would change anything, but since its just read only it shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseladdict View Post
    I did read the base tune with the edge pro as I new the file types were different. Only thing I didn't do was return the truck to the "stock read" file, not sure if that would change anything, but since its just read only it shouldn't matter.
    No it won't matter as far as being stock as it just flashes over it. But just you must build the tunes off the file read from the Pro for it to work consitantly

I am interested in using a handheld (edge pro I assume is our only option for 2005 Dodge?) to store multiple tunes

I have read through this post and looks like there have been a few struggles to get it working properly until the proper sequence of execution was ironed out.

Please advise if these are the correct steps so my feeble mind can get wrapped around the proper execution.

1. read file with edge pro
    2. pull file off edge pro with HPTuners
    3. build tune files with HPTuners
    4. load multiple tunes built from original file (step 1) with HPTuners onto edge pro
    5. flash desired tune file from edge pro onto truck
    6. enjoy horsepowers

Please advise if this is the correct (trouble free) sequence of execution - also if there any other programmers that we can use?
    Thanks
    Last edited by 68Camaro; 11-30-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro View Post
    I am interested in using a handheld (edge pro I assume is our only option for 2005 Dodge?) to store multiple tunes

I have read through this post and looks like there have been a few struggles to get it working properly until the proper sequence of execution was ironed out.

Please advise if these are the correct steps so my feeble mind can get wrapped around the proper execution.

1. read file with edge pro
    2. pull file off edge pro with HPTuners
    3. build tune files with HPTuners
    4. load multiple tunes built from original file (step 1) with HPTuners onto edge pro
    5. flash desired tune file from edge pro onto truck
    6. enjoy horsepowers

Please advise if this is the correct (trouble free) sequence of execution - also if there any other programmers that we can use?
    Thanks
    This is the quicker/easier way for most people.

1. Download Ignition and Distributor from Edge products website.
    2. Register and update the Insight Pro on Distributor.
    3. Plug Pro into Vehicle and read stock file.
    4. Plug Pro into computer with Distributor and pull stock file off pro and save to computer.
    5. Open the file with VCM Editor and modify file to desired.
    6. After saving file in .HPT go and export file to powerteq in VCM Editor as what you want it to show up as on the Pro (This is under the file menu).
    7. Plug the Pro back into Distributor and upload the stock as well as modified files to the device.
    8. Plug into the truck and enjoy the power!

This is how most Dealer/tuners will do it. It seems complicated but once you figure this out it is extremely simple! (I prefer this way even if everything is in my hands)

1. The dealer/tuner must already be setup with Edge products on their pro.edgeproducts.com Website and have a "DEALER KEY"
    2. Ask the customer to download the Ignition software from Edge products website to update and register their device. At this point they will need the "Dealer Key" to get tunes from that dealer/tuner and they will enter the key into the distributor on the end users end.
    3. At this point the Dealer/tuner will request stock file for the end users device via S/N
    4. End user will plug Pro into truck and read stock file.
    5. End user will plug Pro into the computer with the Ignition software and update. This will send the stock file to the Dealer/tuner
    6. Dealer/tuner will download file from pro.edgeproducts.com and save on computer.
    7. Dealer/tuner will open file in VCM Editor and modify to desired. After saving as .HPT file it will need to be exported to Powerteq.
    8. Dealer/tuner will upload tune files to pro.edgeproducts.com.
    9. After files are uploaded the Dealer/tuner will need to send the files to the end user via Target device per the S/N.
    10. Once device is targeted request the end user to plug back into Ignition software with the pro and update device again. (This uploads tunes to the Pro)
    11. End user plugs into the truck and programs the preferred tune into the vehicle. Enjoy all the Horse Powers!! haha

Tuner
    well my cummins one screwed up again.... only took edge 3 days to fix it.......
    Diesel Tuning man..
    FB me or