Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insight Pro

Potential Tuner
    Do you still need mpvi box with edge pro? Just ordered one but can't find answer online.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trlr8tdtj View Post
    Do you still need mpvi box with edge pro? Just ordered one but can't find answer online.

Thanks
    As long as you are having a professional tuner do it no you will not need anything but the insight pro

Tuner
    update.. another truck... worked fine.. loaded about 4 sets of diffrent tunes in it over the day.. then it froze on loading gauges and now wait for edge again
    Joe ''House'' Kupferschmid
    Diesel Tuning man..
    FB me or
    www.angoladavesdiesel.com

Potential Tuner
    I went to update my CTS2 Insight to Pro today and after checking with their "Master Tech" they told me that they would have to send me out a new Insight Pro in exchange for mine, the update software at this time makes a brick out of the CTS2.

Potential Tuner
    I bought the insight pro and have had nothing but problems from the get go.Initially the touch screen was not working properly, had a mind of its own. Finally got that sorted out and had some custom tunes built and loaded them thru ignition without any issues, but the tunes would not install on the truck kept getting file system error. Had to get the tunes sent to me in an email and reinstall them on the edge using distributor, seems to work ok now, but a glitch now and then with the touch screen, edge is sending a replacement, what a pain.

Tuner in Training
    I hate to say this, but CTS2 Pro's are Junk!!! It's a great idea but a terrible execution. I have had nothing but problems programing trucks with them. I had to give up using CTS2 Pro with a 6.7L Ford. I have tuned a few Dodges with them, they take a long time to flash. Also loading tunes on the Pro is a joke, their Distributor software will hardly recognize the device. Have to unplug and plug in multiple times, sometimes it never does recognize it. Using the Ignition it's not as bad, it sucks that you first have to upload everything to the cloud just to download everything back to the CTS2. It would be nice if they used a simple sd or micro sd card. I guess I'm spoiled with the other tuning platforms that I use more often.

I wish HP made their own stand alone device, something similar to an AutoCal. That or make tunes we can switch on the fly.