Thread: 15 Mustang coyote supercharged

Tuner in Training

15 Mustang coyote supercharged

I have approximately 2 months with a variable acceleration problem in a 2015 mustang Wipple. I NEED HELP, I send calibration files.
    Someone to help me; I changed my injector data, torques, MAF frecuncy, MAPPED.
    The car was not modified by me, and I have not checked if you bring double pump gas, it will need?
    The variable acceleration is present in a range of 2500 and 3500 RPM.

Mustang 15 whipple 10 psi.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by felix09 View Post
    I have approximately 2 months with a variable acceleration problem in a 2015 mustang Wipple. I NEED HELP, I send calibration files.
    Someone to help me; I changed my injector data, torques, MAF frecuncy, MAPPED.
    The car was not modified by me, and I have not checked if you bring double pump gas, it will need?
    The variable acceleration is present in a range of 2500 and 3500 RPM.

Mustang 15 whipple 10 psi.hpt
    A Few questions, what do you mean by variable acceleration?
    is this vehicle equipped with whipples throttle body?

Tuner in Training
    The variable acceleration occurs in a range of 2500 and 3500 RPM, that is, in this range with constant accelerator, acceleration up and down alone.
    TB is stock.

Quote Originally Posted by felix09 View Post
    The variable acceleration occurs in a range of 2500 and 3500 RPM, that is, in this range with constant accelerator, acceleration up and down alone.
    TB is stock.
    I have the same issue. I have tried as suggested on the forum and via other reads in regards to using the Dyno figures to replot the torque tables then the inverse functions via excel. I was able to get a some logging from the stock car which makes the comparison easier as the calulated Dyno engine torque never matches the ecu calculation. I also tried another approach where I logged the air loads for any given TQ and reversed the process where calculating the torque tables from the air load. This resulted in less IPC counts but a very aggressive response the the throttle, it would almost jump from 35 to 75% blade around 34% pedal and was undriveable. The drivers request TQ is about 10% lower than the scheduled TQ for the same load which makes me think there is a frictional torque component where the TQ schedule may be what the engine is capable of making however it delivers closer to the drivers request, these values never seem the same. I am yet to try but am going to reduce my drivers desire TQ to about 12% less than the schedule more in line with the stock tune. My gut says there is another factor at play, although I have only rescaled the higher load tables and TQ the idle is less stable like the scale gets pulled around by the change in peak torque.
    I did find that restricting the bypass vacuum line helped with oscillation, I think the rapid opening upsets the TQ calc. My oscillating is also around 0.8-1.1 load, or as boost comes on. I'm still working on it. I also zeroed the timing advance adder as I feel dramatic timing changes create TQ changes that compound the issue.
    Your logs will show steady pedal but the blade will be chasing TQ corrections, the moving blade can cause the bypass to oscillate as well, this compounds the issue and the restrict or helps here.

Good luck
    Last edited by 4wheelinls1; 10-18-2016 at 02:47 PM.

I believe I have a tune with no surge now, there are a couple of idle related issues I am still working on which may require me to put the tune into SCT. Pm me if you'd like to see what I've done.

Send logs. I tuned 3 sets of roush, posted some info about in another topics. Runs smooth.
    Where you hooked IAT2 sensor?
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Tuner in Training
    I am very interested you can help me, how do I contact you?

Tuner in Training
    What was your surge issue you think? The last Procharged car I did, taking a little bit of spark out of where the car was transitioning to boost around 3k really helped a lot.

I have always been able to log the surge in the blade.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRed50 View Post
    What was your surge issue you think? The last Procharged car I did, taking a little bit of spark out of where the car was transitioning to boost around 3k really helped a lot.
    He has a global adder in there of 3 degrees as well so would need to take out even more there if he keeps that in

I dont' know how you are going with it but a couple of things I've come across. I remove the knock adder and adjust the borderline knock due to having to raise the knock sensitivity in header cars. Make sure the transition from Base to borderline spark is smooth, log spark source. Raise the ETC PR filtering by 0.3, seemed to help a lot around the point of going to boost. Set the trans Airmass limit to 5%, this is a percentage of the total airmass so needs to be reduced as the total airmass is increased, I halved mine(auto trans) which helped with low speed light load trans shifting.