Thread: Wastegate Spring Preload setting?

Wastegate Spring Preload setting?

Under table 21883 (Engine -> Torque Management -> Turbocharger -> Wastegate Spring Preload), the SHO is set to 3.19 psi stock. I read on another forum that increasing this can prevent the wastegate from opening earlier than normal. Has anyone experimented with this setting?

The F-150's EB 3.5 was set to 4.65 psi, the 2.3L Mustang was set to 9.29 psi, and the Focus RS is set to 9.58 psi - granted these are using different turbochargers, different wastegates, etc...

Tuner in Training
    I have upgraded my wastegate on my 2.3EB, but have not played with this setting yet. When I am able to, I will report back to if any differences are made

This value is used to help determine the restriction the wastegate currently presents. It has an effect on EGBP determination (which will influence many other areas of control).
    Physically increasing preload does what you're after, but not necessarily that value.

Thanks. I had a feeling it wouldn't do anything as we do not have electronic wastegates like the 2017-up Gen2 EB 3.5