Thread: AFR ERROR ON jeep SRT8 SETUP GRAPH/LOGGING

Tuner in Training

AFR ERROR ON jeep SRT8 SETUP GRAPH/LOGGING

I am tryng to correct the ve tables to correct the fueling, the ltft and stft are off, i have inputted all injector data from the spec sheet, i have got the car driving, it has a 2.9whipplecharger kit on it. i am trying to use the scanner to correct the ve tables using afr error,but all the videos and info is for correcting a ve on a gm ecu. the headers and commanded afr tables are not there in the same way. i cant get the curser to follow the map sensorpressure and rpm when afr error is selected, however i can get the wideband to follow and see the afr's.

is there a way to use the afr numbers to multiply in to the ve tables or something...

thanks so far

hope you understand what i'm asking

Advanced Tuner
    You are either not logging the correct MAP pid or don't have your histogram setup correctly. If you are using AFR error it will display as a percentage. It will display in a histogram the same as STFT or LTFT.

One thing to make sure of, in your histogram setup, for AFR Error, make sure the "unit" is selected as a %. I was tuning a 14 Mustang last week and made a histogram for Lambda Error. I could see the blue cursor move around but it wouldn't populate anything. It was because I didn't have % selected as the unit.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HMahnke View Post
    I am tryng to correct the ve tables to correct the fueling, the ltft and stft are off, i have inputted all injector data from the spec sheet, i have got the car driving, it has a 2.9whipplecharger kit on it. i am trying to use the scanner to correct the ve tables using afr error,but all the videos and info is for correcting a ve on a gm ecu. the headers and commanded afr tables are not there in the same way. i cant get the curser to follow the map sensorpressure and rpm when afr error is selected, however i can get the wideband to follow and see the afr's.

is there a way to use the afr numbers to multiply in to the ve tables or something...

thanks so far

hope you understand what i'm asking
    Two options, when you added your wideband as a pid, you needed to have made it either a standard premade math (AEM, PLX, etc) or if not, then you needed to make sure once you entered the math you made it one of the predefined WideBands in the selection. Doing either of these would then make the standard AFR error from HP Tuners work and be able to be logged.

For me I wanted to tweak my maths a little and created my own math for a custom AFR error. Its a very basic formula, just (Actual AFR-Commanded)/Commanded AFR

Tuner in Training
    as far as i can see, i have the same labels as my ve tables. same units, if i change the parameter to AFR then i can see the afr's in the blue cursor moving around the screen displaying my wideband afr input. with all the same settings i change the parameter to afr error and the unit is selected on percentage, but the blue curser just sits in the top left corner with no number or anthing in it.... its like it doesnt know what the commanded afr is, or something, just change it back to afr's and there it goes, following the pressure and rpm..... i know i'm just missing something simple...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Two options, when you added your wideband as a pid, you needed to have made it either a standard premade math (AEM, PLX, etc) or if not, then you needed to make sure once you entered the math you made it one of the predefined WideBands in the selection. Doing either of these would then make the standard AFR error from HP Tuners work and be able to be logged.

For me I wanted to tweak my maths a little and created my own math for a custom AFR error. Its a very basic formula, just (Actual AFR-Commanded)/Commanded AFR
    thanks so much, but i am using a innovate lc-2, it is on their predefined list and chose it, i can see my afr's on the screen, the same as the display guage, or did i misunderstand you? happens often;-)

If your using afr and afr math you need to right click on the equivalence ratio commanded (or whatever pid your logging for commanded) and make sure its set to afr by right clicking on it and changing the unit to afr gasoline. You have to have your wideband and commanded setup the same either lambda lambda or afr afr. Also don't forget to force it into open loop or you will be chasing your tail like I was for awhile lol.
    Last edited by redline5.0; 10-19-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redline5.0 View Post
    If your using afr and afr math you need to right click on the equivalence ratio commanded (or whatever pid your logging for commanded) and make sure its set to afr by right clicking on it and changing the unit to afr gasoline. You have to have your wideband and commanded setup the same either lambda lambda or afr afr. Also don't forget to force it into open loop or you will be chasing your tail like I was for awhile lol.
    This is a great point. AFR error that is coded in the HP Tuner software relies on AFR (not lambda) being recorded. However there is also a EQ ratio error, which would work if you recorded just lambda instead. Both will produce a % error for you.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HMahnke View Post
    as far as i can see, i have the same labels as my ve tables. same units, if i change the parameter to AFR then i can see the afr's in the blue cursor moving around the screen displaying my wideband afr input. with all the same settings i change the parameter to afr error and the unit is selected on percentage, but the blue curser just sits in the top left corner with no number or anthing in it.... its like it doesnt know what the commanded afr is, or something, just change it back to afr's and there it goes, following the pressure and rpm..... i know i'm just missing something simple...
    Sounds like you aren't recording your commanded AFR or pressure ratio. Post up the log you are trying to do it, I will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    This is a great point. AFR error that is coded in the HP Tuner software relies on AFR (not lambda) being recorded. However there is also a EQ ratio error, which would work if you recorded just lambda instead. Both will produce a % error for you.
    Ya I found it easier setting my wideband to lambda and using the eq ratio and setting commanded units to lambda.

Tuner in Training
    thanks guys got it going, it only has a EQ ratio command in the ecu no command afr, so needed to select innovate lc-2 eq ratio not afr, seperate menu, then it worked. thanks.....