Thread: Newbies r us

Potential Tuner

Newbies r us

So, I would like to save the original stock settings in case I get carried away and screw the pooch! How do I save the original settings for later use if need be???? [I] have scanned my truck while driving it around, but that is just a copy of whats going on Right? its not something I can use to reset my VCM in case of loss of data. [I] am a total newbie and would like to learn how to do this the right way! Can anyone help me? [I] have a 2012, F-150, 3.5 ecoboost newly replaced by ford after it ate number three piston all on its own @60K. So since then I have installed a catch can, new AFE cold air filter & intercooler, 3" Borla turbo tuned exhaust and an intake spacer plate. It all sits on a 6" lift kit with 35" M/Ts. would greatly appreciate some mentoring!

Thanks & Aloha, Ken

To pull the calibration you need to use VCM Editor to read the PCM.

I would start with reading the stickeys here on the forums. Start here, and here.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Thank you, I'm also new at this posting thing as well. The "Stickies" were great.

If you are just getting started, I highly suggest doing everything (Charts, Gauges, Graphs) fuel related in Lambda (λ). It makes working with any kind of alternative fuels (E20, E85) much MUCH simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Air?fuel equivalence ratio, λ (lambda), is the ratio of actual AFR to stoichiometry for a given mixture. λ = 1.0 is at stoichiometry, rich mixtures λ < 1.0, and lean mixtures λ > 1.0.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )