Thread: Main timing adder tables

Tuner

Main timing adder tables

So I've been doing some messing with these tables, particularly the boost adder and its coefficient. I can't see any differences in main timing during logging. I've tried quite a few combos, and it never seems to stray away from the base (transient) table. I've also watched under cold start conditions for the ECT adder to add in its timing, but nothing there either. I'm trying to use the boost adder table to pull timing under afc conditions, without having to hack at my main SOI table. (As an aside, all my main SOI tables are set identical.)

Also, on a separate note, even after upgrading to the latest version of HP, the pilot SOI in my logs still has a 20* offset. So say I'm commanding a pilot shot 5* ahead of main , and my main shot is timed at 0* in my file, when I log, pilot says 25*. No matter where I look in my logs (both stock file or modified), if I take into account that pilot references from TDC when logging, and I subtract 20*, it's then exactly what my pilot tables are calling for.

Thoughts?

Tuner
    Nobody huh...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    Nobody huh...
    Noticing the same results in Smarty UDC Pro. The adder tables (at least ECT) for pilot shot do seem to work though.

What year/ECM?
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    So I've been doing some messing with these tables, particularly the boost adder and its coefficient. I can't see any differences in main timing during logging. I've tried quite a few combos, and it never seems to stray away from the base (transient) table. I've also watched under cold start conditions for the ECT adder to add in its timing, but nothing there either. I'm trying to use the boost adder table to pull timing under afc conditions, without having to hack at my main SOI table. (As an aside, all my main SOI tables are set identical.)

Also, on a separate note, even after upgrading to the latest version of HP, the pilot SOI in my logs still has a 20* offset. So say I'm commanding a pilot shot 5* ahead of main , and my main shot is timed at 0* in my file, when I log, pilot says 25*. No matter where I look in my logs (both stock file or modified), if I take into account that pilot references from TDC when logging, and I subtract 20*, it's then exactly what my pilot tables are calling for.

Thoughts?
    The main timing boost ?adder? tables can?t be used to lower timing under boost conditions. The main timing boost ?adder? table with the timing values in it becomes your timing table the ecm will operate off of provided that the timing within in the ?adder? table multiplied by the coefficient within a specified boost/rpm/mm3 range is higher than the timing value within your main timing map your ecm would otherwise be operating off of for the same rpm/mm3 range. A coefficient of 0.1 is worth approximately 2.94 degrees.