Thread: Tipin Detonation Control Spark Source

Tuner in Training

Tipin Detonation Control Spark Source

Looking at spark source data on 2005 Mustang GT scan file, pretty much stock except for a CAI, I'm seeing different spark sources in the log file. The common ones I see are base (MBT), borderline, decel, and idle. But I sometimes see pre-ignition as a spark source, which looks like it matches the combustion pressure limit table data ('05 GT tune file does not show a pre-ignition tab straight out like I've seen for newer Mustangs tunes). So the only other spark source I can't seem to find anything in the tune file to edit if I want is the Tipin Detonation Control. Is it called something else in an '05 tune file? Thanks

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you want it to be borderline, adjust other tables to they dont interfere
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Sultan....I would like it to be just Borderline. My scan shows spark source is running on Borderline at upper end WOT, but I'm getting these dips in the timing data. The dips happen when the Spark source shows Tipin Detonation Control. How do I disable this Tipin Detonation Control ? Do I use the Spark Torque Ratio Limit vs. Requestor table? What value in that table do I set to 1, if that table is even how you do it ? Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Under Spark -> Advance there are two values for Tip-In. One is max and one is min. You have to zero the max and set a high number for the min I think. Haven't messed with a 4.6 tune for a long time. Read the description and it should let you know. Probably just needs to be the opposite of how your tune has it.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply. I already have the Tip in limits set at max=0, and min=7000 rpm. Also, Torque Module Switch is disabled. I just changed the TCS value in the Spark Torque Ratio table to 1, maybe this will do the trick.

Tuner in Training
    Changing the TCS value in the spark torque to a 1 did the trick. Thanks everyone for the input.

So with TCS in Spark Torque Ratio Limit set to 1 solved the TipIn Detonation Control issue? What about the Max/Min Airflow limits for Tip-In control? Was that needed?