Thread: 2015 Cadillac 6.2/6lxxE Swap TUTD inop?

Advanced Tuner

2015 Cadillac 6.2/6lxxE Swap TUTD inop?

Don't know if I should post this here or in the transmission section. What we have is a 2015 Cadillac Escalade 6.2 DI/6lXXE trans. Stock trans with the drive train not sure if its an 80 or 90e. Swapped drivetrain into a 2000 Silverado with Speartech harness and Cadillac floor shifter with TUTD buttons. Problem is just trying to get the TUTD shifting to work properly.

Tried few different shift settings even copying everything over from 2014 6speed C7 with no prevail. Enabled TUTD option. With it set on Serial there was no change at all since we aren't using a BCM. Changed to Hard wired with range selector D4 and can hear transmission solenoid click and change from 1-2 but drops back down to 1 instantly. Stock shift speed settings for original tune is 318mph upshift and 317mph down shift with. Changed all to Zero like the C7 and still no change. Swapped it to Different shift pattern from X to Y pattern but still does the same just downshifts back to 1st. Regular D shifter selection shows D6 mode and Manual mode shows D4. It tries to shift when hitting upshift but shifts right back down sitting still or driving.

Maybe someone can shed some light on the subject.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Tuner in Training
    The transmission computer has to be flashed properly along side the engine computer for tap shift to be enabled. The entire OS on both devices need to be reflashed and changed. With the truck operating system tap shift won't work, as you have already noticed.

Senior Tuner
    if i remember correctly, the bcm does play a role in the tutd function. Some of the older gmt900 swaps that were done the tutd was inop in those due to this.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    No need for BCM in this situation. Just a flash of the ECM/TCM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by relicdew View Post
    No need for BCM in this situation. Just a flash of the ECM/TCM.
    the other trucks had the tcm flashed correctly. no tutd..
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    So would maybe licensing and write entire ecm/tcm of a 2014 C7 fix this problem since theres no bcm?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastruck View Post
    So would maybe licensing and write entire ecm/tcm of a 2014 C7 fix this problem since theres no bcm?
    I don't know if you are able to do a write entire with a different OS without bricking the computer. You may need to send the ECM/TCM in to a company that has the correct the hardware and software for that procedure. Then you will have to get a new license for the new file once you get it back. I don't have experience with reflashing different vehicle OS's onto an existing ECM with HP Tuners.

Advanced Tuner
    I have access to GM Tis2web programming if you think flashing it with 2014 C7 6speed auto OS will fix our problem I can go that route

Tuner in Training
    That will fix it for you!

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks we'll give it a shot and see the outcome

Tuner
    All truck calibrations need a BCM to send the proper TUTD switch messages to the TCM. We have had good results with our EZcanbus module simulating these signals and making TUTD, Tow haul, cruise, AC request etc... work.

If not I would think a entire camaro CAL into the engine and trans would be the next easiest with a hard wired switch to the trans as from the factory. I know spear tech uses the hardwire approach.