Thread: 408 LQ9 3600 Stall - Doesn't want to idle??

Tuner in Training neblackshirts's Avatar

408 LQ9 3600 Stall - Doesn't want to idle??

080716-1315.hpt

Car is running a SD Tune only due to a TSP 100mm MAF not wanting to tune properly, car acts like it flooding itself at start-ups and even after warming up doesn't want to idle or hold an idle at lights or in traffic. When I would first start the car it almost acts like it was flooding and after a few miles would almost seem like it was going to have a hard time holding an idle when pulling up to a red light. The way I described it is if the light turned red and I came to a fast stop it would die or close if I didn't save it. But if I was to ease up to the light it would be fine. Really hunts to hold an idle and going into gear from park is almost a guarantee it'll die. I'm very new to this built FI LS cars so any and all help would be awesome!! I've been told I have way to much injector, intake, and throttle body but the car really likes the setup when running hard. On a dynojet pull it had a really nice torque curve over 400 ftlbs from 3200-6200 and never a sharp drop off all the way to 6800 and I feel this has to due a lot with the current setup which is good to me but feel like I'm driving an old school Camaro with a holley 850 carb lol.

Specs:
    Heads - AFR Mongoose 230cc / 62cc
    Injectors - 60# FAST
    Intake - FAST 102MM
    Throttle Body - FAST 102MM
    Plugs - NGK TR55
    Fuel Pump - Aeromotive Stealth 340
    Block - LQ9 4.03"
    Cam - Comp 243/251, .624/.624, 111+1 LSA, 110 ISL Block - LQ9 4.03"
    Crank - Lunati 4.00" Stroke
    Pistons - JE 4.04, 12cc Dished for 11:1 compression
    Rods - Lunati 6.125" H-Beam

Converter - Yank 3600
    Rear - 3.73 12 Bolt
    Transmission - 4L60E, Finish Line Level 5

Advanced Tuner
    Third thread same subject. Is the car back together and driving yet? Post some logs so we can view some data.

Tuner in Training neblackshirts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    Third thread same subject. Is the car back together and driving yet? Post some logs so we can view some data.
    What logs should I run that would help? Sorry if I am sounding dumb asking that, but looks like I can run a lot of them with the Tuner Pro setup.

Retrying here with a new title maybe that'll spark some clicks not a lot of fish bit on the last lines.

Advanced Tuner
    Just make a few scan logs driving the car around. Trying to to replicate the said issue during a log will help us see whats exactly going on. Also check a couple repository tunes with a similar or the same cam. compare base running airflow tables and other idle airflow tables throttle follower and such.