Thread: First time doing a 2bar tune. I think my 2bar map is a 1bar. I need some help!!

First time doing a 2bar tune. I think my 2bar map is a 1bar. I need some help!!

Hey, guys, I need some direction on my first 2bar speed density tune. I've read tons and tons and I can't figure this issue out. So basically after looking at my data log I noticed that my MAP (KPA) keeps maxing out at 105 KPA and it's killing me because I know I have a 2 bar map sensor.

I bought this 2bar map sensor off eBay and it's an AC Delco #12615139 which should be good for @210 KPA (@15 PSI).

As you take a look at my WOT runs you will see that my MAP sticks at 105 KPA and over on the channels my "Intake manifold absolute pressure" sticks at 15.2 PSI.

So basically once my KPA maxes out I cant control fueling and the engine begins to lean out which I then get out of.

So my first official question is:

1. What am I doing wrong based on the description I provided.
    2. Since this is a common map sensor people use, how do they control fueling once they exceed the maps capability? Example would be if my car was making 18 PSI.

thanks,
    Roger
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpl 4.hpl (1.05 MB, 9 views)
    Last edited by regorih; 10-17-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you can adjust in the scanner the high and low of reading anything
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I thought that could of been the probelm but I went ahead and changed the max value to 200 and I still only saw 105 KPA max reading

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Roger

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The help files are very clear about this.

You need to delete the sae map pid and ADD the 2 bar map pid.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks Bill, I'll look into this. My apologize, I overlooked the help files.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by regorih View Post
    Hey, guys, I need some direction on my first 2bar speed density tune. I've read tons and tons and I can't figure this issue out. So basically after looking at my data log I noticed that my MAP (KPA) keeps maxing out at 105 KPA and it's killing me because I know I have a 2 bar map sensor.

I bought this 2bar map sensor off eBay and it's an AC Delco #12615139 which should be good for @210 KPA (@15 PSI).

As you take a look at my WOT runs you will see that my MAP sticks at 105 KPA and over on the channels my "Intake manifold absolute pressure" sticks at 15.2 PSI.

So basically once my KPA maxes out I cant control fueling and the engine begins to lean out which I then get out of.

So my first official question is:

1. What am I doing wrong based on the description I provided.
    2. Since this is a common map sensor people use, how do they control fueling once they exceed the maps capability? Example would be if my car was making 18 PSI.

thanks,
    Roger
    Do you have another part number for the map sensor? I googled the number you posted but can't find it for sale.

Edit: I think the last number was supposed to be a 6, not a 9. GM 12615136
    Last edited by HartRod; 10-27-2016 at 02:02 PM.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Quote Originally Posted by HartRod View Post
    Do you have another part number for the map sensor? I googled the number you posted but can't find it for sale.

Edit: I think the last number was supposed to be a 6, not a 9. GM 12615136
    your car correct. I put the wrong part number.

Roger

This may be a dumb question, but did you actually UPGRADE your OS to 2 Bar in the editor... Just installing a 2 bar Map does not automatically upgrade your OS.
    Sometimes I stick an ice cream cone to my forehead and pretend I'm a Unicorn...!

Correct, you need to update the tune file to a 2 bar OS and do a complete write on the pcm. You also need to make adjustments to the map calibrations in the tune file.

Roger