Thread: Misfire at WOT 2014 s/c c7

Potential Tuner

Misfire at WOT 2014 s/c c7

I have a 2014 c7 with procharger 9-9.5lbs,headers, and 100% meth..The problem that has happened a few times is that at some point WOT the engine lights starts flashing indicating there a misfire but the car isn't missing of any sort..it blinks about 15 times then goes off..doesnt happen all the time but sometimes as I'm racing it happens and I immediately let off throttle.I finally got my lambda dialed in around .82 but that still didn't stop this prob..heres my file and datalog what do u guys see ..im learning this tuning stuff day by day reading, reading and listening from all u pros out there lol.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hnaskoct; 10-25-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Not sure what your plugs are gapped at but is it possible its blowing out the spark?

Potential Tuner
    ngk iridium ltr7ix-11
    gapped @45

.045 is too much for boost. I would put them around .030 and I think your problem will go away

I would close that spark gap as well

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    ok thanks guys ..does the log look decent?

Log looks fine, close that gap to .028 - .032 and you should be good to go...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hnaskoct View Post
    I have a 2014 c7 with procharger 9-9.5lbs,headers, and 100% meth..The problem that has happened a few times is that at some point WOT the engine lights starts flashing indicating there a misfire but the car isn't missing of any sort..it blinks about 15 times then goes off..doesnt happen all the time but sometimes as I'm racing it happens and I immediately let off throttle.I finally got my lambda dialed in around .82 but that still didn't stop this prob..heres my file and datalog what do u guys see ..im learning this tuning stuff day by day reading, reading and listening from all u pros out there lol.
    Was you able to solve the issue, I notice that you car is reading up to 5 degrees of knock retard and the car is programmed for 15 degrees on that region. It seems that you may be running around 10 degrees of total advance. I wondering if the rootcause for the knock retard are the spark?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    that is a huge gap for sure
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161