Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coyote Crank Relearn "How to Video"

Tuner
    Just also ran into the same problem, did the relearn with HPT current release version, misfire is completly gone, code remained even after several times deleting.
    Hooked up an old out-dated SCT flsher and deleted the code. No more issues.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Town-GT View Post
    Just also ran into the same problem, did the relearn with HPT current release version, misfire is completly gone, code remained even after several times deleting.
    Hooked up an old out-dated SCT flsher and deleted the code. No more issues.
    It probably won't ever get fixed unless someone e-mails support.......
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

I have been getting this as well with a 2015 S550. I just emailed support about it.
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

Support got back to me with my logs, but the log didn't show anything because I foolishly had disabled the MIL for P0315. Tonight, I re-enabled it, flashed the car, and the error persisted. I'm throwing this out there in case others find this, because I got the problem fixed.

What I was doing:
    1. In my garage, run the car/idle until normal temp
    2. Turn off car, do the KAM reset
    3. Start car, do crank relearn, but not rev it until I clicked OK...And let off the revs as soon as it said success

That failed time after time.

What worked:
    1. Drove the car around for about half an hour, I was logging because I'm getting some knock. So my driving was very methodical and not excessive speeds or anything since my stumbles were in part-throttle.
    2. I then reset the KAM
    3. Drove about a mile, then with car still running, started the crank re-learn, but I did it slightly differently:
    4. I revved it above 4500 before I pressed the "start" (Or begin...I can't remember the exact wording) of the process.
    5. I held the revs until after the success message, and until after I completely closed the crank re-learn dialog box.

As soon as I did that, the MIL light turned off. I noticed that this time when I held the revs, when the wizard actually started to do the crank relearn, there was a very brief drop in revs. I'm not sure if the order had anything to do with it, but for those of you that have this problem, maybe this will help!
    Sorry for asking a lot of probably stupid questions, I'm trying to learn. Thank you in advance for any information you have provided me

And another one...had to use credits just to set the P0315 to no error reported...when HPT will fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    And another one...had to use credits just to set the P0315 to no error reported...when HPT will fix this?

Probably after enough people submit support tickets with log data that helps them diagnose and fix the issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Considering a write is required to changed the codes I do believe this is expected behavior. We have never been able to turn off codes w/o writing a new calibration in, which means licensing the VIN/OS, which means credits beings used.

The things that don't cost credits are what are in the special functions window, crank relearn, update rev/mile(s550), update rear end ratio(s550)

Crank re-learn is free to do in scanner but if this fails P0315 remains even tho re-learn was successful and you have a MIL light on which customer won't accept.
    Imagine spending credits just to turn that code off. This happens a lot and it has been there for years while SCT can do it without any hassle.

Not hating here, just trying to get this fixed.

Potential Tuner
    What program are you using to perform this relearn crank? I have an Ngauge and it does not seam to have this option.

Is it possible to monitor individual cylinder misfires in HPTuners for a '12 Coyoye? I am reading this thread and think I may have a similar problem. P0300 and MIL flashing plus misfires after some mechanical work, runs great most of the time.

But I cannot seem to log individual 1-8 misfires.

Should I attempt the re-learn? Is HPT having issues with logging/scanning Fords?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Tuner
    I never had any luck with using the crank learn routine with the hp scanner, however the lund NGauge works with no issues.