Thread: File Incompatibilities with Stable Editor and Beta Editor - Assistance Please!

File Incompatibilities with Stable Editor and Beta Editor - Assistance Please!

I hope someone can assist me quickly. I was just making some changes in my calibration with the newest Beta release (3.3.334). I saved the calibration. I had some other things to do so came back later to work on this file again. I opened the file with the newest stable release (3.2.143) and received an error message indicating that my saved file from the Beta editor was not compatible with the file format of the stable editor release. What is going on? Am I stuck editing/modifying tunes with the Beta version that were only created/modified with the Beta version? Did HPTuners change the file formats between the stable and Beta editors?

I cannot even load the calibration I modified in the Beta version, into the Stable version as a compare file either. I don't receive an error when I try to load it as a compare file. The Stable version simply will not accept the file created with the newest Beta version.

Anyone have any ideas? The error I receive is:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 15PSI; 10-27-2016 at 03:57 PM.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

The latest beta does have a new file format for VCM Editor .hpt files.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

So from now on I should use the Beta version for all my tunes? Unfortunately, since I have been using the Beta, I have been modifying many of my files with that version. So I can no longer load them to the stable version. I assume that you are going to put out a sticky so others are quickly informed and don't have this issue?

More importantly, I like the Beta but what will happen to my 'new format' calibrations when the Beta is removed from my customer support area going forward? Will I have to manually port my 'new file format tunes' to the old format? Or will you add the ability to open both formats to the 'Stable version'?

I hope others on the forum read this and understand the impact of the format changes.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Beta is going stable soon, so no worries...
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Thank you Keith. That is both a relief and a time saver.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C