Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review my log

Review my log

Posting a log for everyone to review. This is my 16 psi tune on a 2016 f150 3.5 ecoboost. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 02reaper; 11-02-2016 at 04:14 PM.

your hitting limiters, research those.

Tuner in Training
    At 4800-5k your hitting Fuel flow limits, see if you have Fuel Flow Rate in your PID's I think Eric added them to the GT spec and see what you are getting. Looks like you are running out of fuel same around 5600 as well Possibly torque tables as well, have you modified your tables to accommodate.

Have not worked on ecoboost but same principals apply for newer fords.

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit View Post
    At 4800-5k your hitting Fuel flow limits, see if you have Fuel Flow Rate in your PID's I think Eric added them to the GT spec and see what you are getting. Looks like you are running out of fuel same around 5600 as well Possibly torque tables as well, have you modified your tables to accommodate.

Have not worked on ecoboost but same principals apply for newer fords.
    I will check to see if fuel flow rate is in the channel list. I have modified some or most all of the torque tables, but none of the fuel tables. What should I be looking for in the fuel flow tables to modify? Thank you for your help.

I have added the stock file and my current file to the first post for anyone that would like to help. It would be much appreciated. I set this tune up for about 16.5 psi max or 214 kpa.

You can try and raise MAX MAP under Combustion Stability to the max 31.93 psi [50294]
    You may want to tweak the Expected TIP table as well.

I never messed with the torque tables or inverse torque tables, but it can cause the wrench icon to turn on. I think that might be why you set your wheel torque error to a really high value. For the pre-15 EcoBoost, I just set my Driver Demand tables higher for the WOT position and not anything below that. That should help improve fuel economy by not demanding too much torque at lower throttle positions.

I noticed your actual lambda dips low at about 5000+ RPM, same as mine. I tried pretty much everything and can't find the setting to prevent that. Mine drops to about 0.8-0.81, right about where yours drops to 0.79 and get the insufficient fuel flow error.

From what I have seen, the 2015-up EcoBoost settings/tables are a bit different from pre-2015. I noticed that the 15-up seem to have the Popcorn error for the limiters, and many of them show the insufficient fuel flow as well - even though fuel pressure is good. It usually happens when the lambda becomes pig rich at above 5000 RPM. I've tried disabling the COT settings, changing the inferred exhaust temp settings, etc... but nothing seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    You can try and raise MAX MAP under Combustion Stability to the max 31.93 psi [50294]
    You may want to tweak the Expected TIP table as well.

I never messed with the torque tables or inverse torque tables, but it can cause the wrench icon to turn on. I think that might be why you set your wheel torque error to a really high value. For the pre-15 EcoBoost, I just set my Driver Demand tables higher for the WOT position and not anything below that. That should help improve fuel economy by not demanding too much torque at lower throttle positions.

I noticed your actual lambda dips low at about 5000+ RPM, same as mine. I tried pretty much everything and can't find the setting to prevent that. Mine drops to about 0.8-0.81, right about where yours drops to 0.79 and get the insufficient fuel flow error.

From what I have seen, the 2015-up EcoBoost settings/tables are a bit different from pre-2015. I noticed that the 15-up seem to have the Popcorn error for the limiters, and many of them show the insufficient fuel flow as well - even though fuel pressure is good. It usually happens when the lambda becomes pig rich at above 5000 RPM. I've tried disabling the COT settings, changing the inferred exhaust temp settings, etc... but nothing seems to work.
    Thank you for the insight! Ill try to improve in those spots you suggested and see what it does. Hopefully we can all get it worked out pretty soon.

Does anyone have any insight on the tables ECM-7326 DI Fuel Rail Pressure Setpoint under the Fuel System Tab? Could these possibly help eliminate the Insufficient fuel flow errors by raising them?

how is your tune coming alone?

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    how is your tune coming alone?
    I'm kinda at a standstill with it. I've gotten as far as I can get trying to do it safely. Here lately I've been pondering a lot on the torque/inverse torque tables and how to raise them. For now I'm sitting at around 16-17.5 psi and 93 octane. A guy here dynoed the tune for me and it produced about 30hp and 40lbs of torque through the full range over stock.

Can you post a current log and tune?

I will post the log tune and graph tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    I'm kinda at a standstill with it. I've gotten as far as I can get trying to do it safely. Here lately I've been pondering a lot on the torque/inverse torque tables and how to raise them. For now I'm sitting at around 16-17.5 psi and 93 octane. A guy here dynoed the tune for me and it produced about 30hp and 40lbs of torque through the full range over stock.
    why did you change torque/inverse tables from stock?

I didn't change the torque/torque inverse tables at all. They are still stock.

Here's the file and dyno graph.
    Run 2 stock
    Run 11 MPT 93 prx
    Run 12 My tune
    ecoboost graphs.jpg9.hpl
    Last edited by 02reaper; 05-07-2017 at 06:49 PM.

comparing your stock read and tune2 from your 10-30-16 post shows torque/torque inverse tables are changed a little.

Is tune2 your current tune?

No they are stock now.

So you are no longer needing help with your tune?

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    So you are no longer needing help with your tune?
    Sure, I can always use some advice, but for now I am satisfied with the tune.

I don't have VCM on this computer, but what's your final spark at WOT, and your turbo mass flow? Are you experiencing any KR? What is your WOT lambda?

Are you still experiencing insufficient fuel flow? You can keep the stock fuel pressure table, but raise the max pressure table to something like 2600 psi at the high end, and then adjust injection window if necessary.