Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Flow Direct Injection Fuel Injectors and Pumps are here.....Redline Motorsports

This week I?m tuning on a setup with the new 65%+ injectors, still waiting to here from company on changes for these...

I?d much rather do Port injection on these engines.. Chris set me up with a very nice setup that I run a factory e38 on

The injector data they provide did not work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Their data did not work for me.

It was very far off.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Steve was that FIC or Xtreme DI???

Been attempting to get ahold of Xtreme DI through email and calling for about 5 days.. pretty frustrating.

2 emails sent and no reply and no option to leave a Voicemail.

Nostrum through Lingenfelter. They supply 3 different data sets and you match the set to a color sticker or something on the injector. On a previously, thoroughly calibrated truck, trimming was close to 30% after just the injectors and their data. I wanna say it wouldn't even crank without pedal following the swap. One of the units also would basically crap-up under boost and stop working until the truck came out of boost. It was very difficult to get it replaced.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Steve was that FIC or Xtreme DI???

Been attempting to get ahold of Xtreme DI through email and calling for about 5 days.. pretty frustrating.

2 emails sent and no reply and no option to leave a Voicemail.
    For what it's worth Xtreme DI seems active on instagram. Give them a try there.

I wanted to update for anyone interested...

Decided to reach out to Katech yesterday since they sell Xtreme DI products.. and after a couple of emails they told me just to change IFR. I agree with Howard/Banish and this is not the correct way to do it.

Katech mentioned they would send an urgent email to Xtreme DI with our convo attached.
    I get an email this morning From Xtreme Di asking if I needed the 65% data and where I purchased them from??

Honestly that shouldn?t even matter, not a happy camper right now and haven?t even started tuning on the car yet.

BTW customer ordered directly from Xtreme, so gave them customer info and waiting to hear back

Doing a 2650 on around 20psi on e85, I?ll be sure to keep anyone interested in how they tune

Advanced Tuner

Decided to reach out to Katech yesterday since they sell Xtreme DI products.. and after a couple of emails they told me just to change IFR. I agree with Howard/Banish and this is not the correct way to do it.

Katech mentioned they would send an urgent email to Xtreme DI with our convo attached.
    I get an email this morning From Xtreme Di asking if I needed the 65% data and where I purchased them from??

Honestly that shouldn?t even matter, not a happy camper right now and haven?t even started tuning on the car yet.

BTW customer ordered directly from Xtreme, so gave them customer info and waiting to hear back

Doing a 2650 on around 20psi on e85, I?ll be sure to keep anyone interested in how they tune
    Would you share the data if you get it?

Of course.. injector data should be public knowledge base anyways

I had to "roll my own" data for them. Are these the same units?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

If they are anything like the fic 30 percent ones I changed 3 tables they said to change and it ran great. I have tuned a few of the Ltg using the much larger then stock nostrum from 17 gs to 24 and doing the same tables on those the fuel trims dont even change enough to affect it. My zl1 was the same way stft from the before log to after log was damn near the same. So while you say this doesn’t seem good enough it works fine and now done it on a few cars all with the same outcome.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Anyone using these Nostrum injectors, lingenfelter fuel pump (in conjunction with low side upgrade and camshaft) at 700+rwhp on E85?

I would think the HPFP would still not keep up.
    07 ZO6- warhawk 427/APS TT/HPT 2.5bar

[email protected]

Tuner in Training

Bringing this back to the top. What was the verdict on XDI injectors? Did their tuning end up being good enough, and were you really able to hit 20 psi on full E85?

I am Interested in getting their 30% hopefully during black Friday Sale.

Made 22-23psi and had belt slip and changed upper pulley to I believe a 2.85 and was fine at 20! Injectors kept up at this level on pure e85 from memory and no meth.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Nostrum through Lingenfelter. They supply 3 different data sets and you match the set to a color sticker or something on the injector. On a previously, thoroughly calibrated truck, trimming was close to 30% after just the injectors and their data. I wanna say it wouldn't even crank without pedal following the swap. One of the units also would basically crap-up under boost and stop working until the truck came out of boost. It was very difficult to get it replaced.
    I've had the same issue with the Lingenfelter units. Dial in the car, runs great, issues. Swap injectors and pump using their data and car will hardly start. Fuel trims at 30% at idle and -20% light throttle cruise. Had to change the flow rate and small pulse adjust tables to get it close. Then fought with cold start on e85. Finally put it on the dyno and it was intermittently misfiring above 6k. Put the lt4 injectors back on in it and everything was good again.

Made 22-23psi and had belt slip and changed upper pulley to I believe a 2.85 and was fine at 20! Injectors kept up at this level on pure e85 from memory and no meth.
    How was the driveability with these?

With a 103TB, converter, and 23x24x drove great!

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    I've had the same issue with the Lingenfelter units. Dial in the car, runs great, issues. Swap injectors and pump using their data and car will hardly start. Fuel trims at 30% at idle and -20% light throttle cruise. Had to change the flow rate and small pulse adjust tables to get it close. Then fought with cold start on e85. Finally put it on the dyno and it was intermittently misfiring above 6k. Put the lt4 injectors back on in it and everything was good again.

How was the driveability with these?
    YES!!!! The set I had, had a unit that would "flub up" and begin a misfire in the same spot over 5K and then after boost/lifting, it would return to normal operation. It burned up a TON OF TIME. I'd share the data that I made up but I forget our "sticker color" (though I think it was green).
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com