Thread: Duramax Updates?

Potential Tuner

Duramax Updates?

I'm getting tired of the Edge/Attitude combo on the truck and it's time to play. So, I'll ask everyones' favorite tow vehicle/backup race vehicle question.

How are the Duramax updates coming? Are we in the less than 2 months window yet?

I'd prefer to keep my car and truck on HP Tuners together if we are getting close but the lift pumps are on order and I need to put the extra fuel to work.

Rick

Potential Tuner
    I am with you man... I just want an update... Hell all I wanna know is whether or not they are putting anything together for teh LBZ diesel!!!

Potential Tuner
    Yep, 2004.5 LLY here. Testing available.

Rick

the best update i can give at the moment is we are working on it. Most of the hard work is done but it's not gonna be ready in the next few weeks. The new Bosch controller is errr "interesting". Can't really comment on if we can support that one yet, but if we can we will.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the update Chris.

Sounds like things are coming together for the LB7/LLY guys. I can hold out for one tuning solution for my cars and truck. I'm sure it will be a nice boost for sales because there is a whole lot of tunability in these DMax engines.

I can believe the Bosch has become a pain with the LBZ. They have been taking it in the pocket on warranty returns for injectors since the days of the LB7 tip issues. I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to hinder tuning with the EPA changes in process 2006/2007. Naturally GM pushes this stuff back on them because they understand the importance of a "tuneable" oiler truck for sales purposes.

I try to do my part to remind the GM-Truck employees who live in my neighborhood how much fun their products can be. I figure, once I get the trans upgraded, they'll only be covering my lights and electrical under warranty anyway like the rest of my cars.

Rick

Advanced Tuner
    for the 2007 model year the General is installing a particulate filter in the exhaust system, this particulate filter will be monitored by an exhaust pressure sensor, too litte pressure-filter be missing, to much pressure filter be plugged (black smoke =plugged filter in less than one week)
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Advanced Tuner
    I got to drive an LBZ the other day and it is amazing, the best Duramax yet! I'm going to be looking for a replacement truck next year and it's going to be a diesel. I was thinking about saving a ton of money and getting a 2002-2003 7.3L Ford, but after driving the LBZ I'm not so sure I want the Ford anymore. Both make a lot of torque, but the 4x4 Chevy drives better for day to day stuff. The LBZ doesn't drive like a 4x4, which is a good thing. If HPT can support the LBZ then that is just one more reason to get the Chevy.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    I'm free for testing too! I'd love to replace my Edge with something by HP...
    David De Anda
    SPR - Gilbert, AZ
    '05 HD - D/A

Potential Tuner
    Would like to put my .02 in on the 06 up Duramax. Doesn't look to me like EFIlive is going tackle the Bosch ECM. That's what I would concentrate on if I were smart enough write code.

Quote Originally Posted by RDK
    Would like to put my .02 in on the 06 up Duramax. Doesn't look to me like EFIlive is going tackle the Bosch ECM. That's what I would concentrate on if I were smart enough write code.
    Hint Hint
    we need to lock chris in a small dark room and not let him out till its finished!
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29
    VCM ID:7DS739259ui
    VCM OS ID:9387047

Potential Tuner
    Tune to the Darkside young coders.

Rick

Tuner
    would like to bring this one back to life.

Had to get rid of the GTO do to a divorce and now have a 2003 LB7 duramax and wondering when I may be able to upgrade my license for tuning on my truck.

Any word yet?

Jon
    2003 Chevy LB7 Duramax/Allison
    4" MBRP exhaust, Pricol EGT & Boost Guage, HP tuning
    Westin platinum series bars, access cover, bed rug, drawtite hidden gooseneck receiver, 265/75R16 Michellin M/S LTX Load range E

On the way, Kennedy boost valve
    In the works, Kennedy airbox mod

2006 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
    Full stage one (Air cleaner, pipes, tune)

2004 Pontiac GTO 346 CI with CAI, Long Tubes, Cam and tune, 390RWHP - Traded in

Senior Tuner
    We are done with the Duramax and Allison support.

We plan to do some minor beta testing this week to make sure there are no scanner glitches, care to be one of them?

Might as well go tell the world. HPT for Dmax is here

-Ken

Tuner in Training

Yep, wanna be beta.

I have an 06 LBZ. That is if you're serious.
    Allen

Senior Tuner
    LBZ is not complete yet.

-Ken

Tuner
    The world is starting to find out. HEHEHEHHEHE

I sent you back a PM Ken.

Thanks!!!

Jon
    Westin platinum series bars, access cover, bed rug, drawtite hidden gooseneck receiver, 265/75R16 Michellin M/S LTX Load range E

Tuner
    hey Trakday, how is the GTO running these days?

Jon

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    LBZ is not complete yet.

-Ken
    Annnnddd there's my answer.
    2002 WS6 M6-454 LSx 918/1326
    2000 Camaro SS M6
    2000 WS6 M6->A4
    2004 Silverado SS
    2002 Grand Prix GTP
    1996 Impala SS
    1999 VW Pissant VR6
    1989 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for sharing this information, it's great that I learned a lot from your post.