Thread: VCM Scanner 3.2 Ver. How can I create an offline profile?

VCM Scanner 3.2 Ver. How can I create an offline profile?

I see the option but when I select it to create an offline profile nothing is listed so im stuck? I am very GREEN or NEW to this software and HP Tuner so be easy on me!

However this is why I want to do an offline profile I want to play with the software but cant really.. I want add custom PIDs and stuff just to learn the interface before I connect to my life vehical can this be done?

Thanks
    Chris

I believe you need a vehicle tune and a vehicle scan to work from. You can download your stock vehicle tune and use VCM Scanner without a license. You just can't change the tune without a license.
    Sometimes I stick an ice cream cone to my forehead and pretend I'm a Unicorn...!

When you connect to a vehicle, the scanner will automatically setup an Offline profile of the vehicle with all the supported parameters. This way you can go back without reconnecting to the vehicle to make channel changes. Each vehicle you connect to will have a profile created and stored.

Advanced operation will let you copy other peoples profiles from their Settings and you can expand your profile list. As I have over 40 vehicles at any time using our service, I ask for copies of their settings and copy them to my computer so I can work their logs/scanner settings without hooking up to them through our computers.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Yeah, there really isn't a simple way to set them up manually. You need to connect to the vehicle, then the software will set it up for you.

There are ways to copy profiles between different peoples computers but that's not really what you want to be doing I don't think

Potential Tuner
    Anyone know how I can move my offline profile from my Laptop to my Desktop as I much prefer to use my big screen.. That is without hauling my desktop outside to read that pcm with this PC once. There must be a file it creates somewhere. Thanks

Senior Tuner
    should be a file under "vehicles" in where it defaults to save on your laptop, i havnt tried it but i assume u should be able to copy it over to another computor and use as normal

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    should be a file under "vehicles" in where it defaults to save on your laptop, i havnt tried it but i assume u should be able to copy it over to another computor and use as normal
    SPOT ON my friend. You are 100% correct. The default folder is in "Documents" I moved the whole "HP Tuners" folder to another computer and the offline profile moved over and is now accessible on the second computer. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by ENRKyle30; 11-11-2019 at 01:54 PM.