Thread: throttle body throws p2104 - p2111 - not a bad TB - looking for ideas

Potential Tuner

2006 Mustang GT 'Boss' throttle body throws p2104 - p2111 - not a bad TB - any ideas

Hi All,

New to HP Tuners, just moved over from SCT.

I have a twin turbo build, air-water, blow-thru.

Pertinent Info

2006 Mustang GT
    stock computer
    stroked 4.6 to 5.0
    90mm Ford Racing Boss Coyote TB - (Accufab built, uses same TAC and TPS as 4.6 version confirmed with John)
    4" inlet tube
    BA5000 MAF

The issue I am having occurs when I go WOT for a certain amount of time. It throws a 'wrench' with a pending 2104/2111 code.

Right before this happens the throttle hangs and then it is non-responsive. If I try to drive it again, even with the wrench gone, the throttle starts to hang and throws a wrench again.

If I reload tune I can drive it around town, but it will happen WOT again every time. It can recreate the issue.

If I watch the throttle blade move when the pedal is depressed, there is still pedal travel after the throttle blade is fully open. I am guessing that has to do with the 'Pedal POS WOT Start" (at 175) setting?

The car is pushing about 80lbs/min at the current boost limit of 14 lbs.

My guess is that there is data that is not working together between the pedal, tb and maybe air flow.

I am looking for suggestions on where to start to try and sort this out.

What should I datalog?

What tables should I be working with?

The car runs well other than the TB issue on WOT.

One other thing to add is that I can not hold an rpm under 2500 rpms in neutral. I am guessing ETC Effective Area vs Throttle Angle vs Vacuum is wrong for this bigger tb.

hanging_throttle_with_p2104andp2111.hplcurrent_tune.hpt Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sajecw; 11-03-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Potential Tuner
    This is the log of our first 1st gear to 3rd gear pull we made. Then it threw the wrench...

1stto3rd_throttle_code.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Turns out that it was not the TPS. P2104 and P2111 came back after driving for 15 miles. back to the drawing board...
    XXXXXXX

This might help people going forward.

I tried everything to 'tune out' the issue.

I found out how to figure out throttle area on this forum and I rescalled the throttle.

Turns out the brand new Ford racing Boss 90mm throttle body had a bad TPS.

I swapped in a new TPS and I am back in business to finish tuning this build.
    Last edited by sajecw; 11-08-2016 at 04:29 PM.