Thread: Filter setup based on value

Tuner

Filter setup based on value

I was wanting to create a filter that would only show values above or below a certain value.

Lets say I only wanted to show values in a fuel trim graph that were above 5. How could I set that up?

Or maybe a filter to show numbers that were above 5 or below -5. This could come in handy but I haven't been able to find how to set it up.

[50010.242]>120 AND [6310] > 6

Will only use data in a chart when
    engine coolant temp is over 120*F AND fuel trim cell is greater than 6. Both have to be TRUE before data will show up in the graph.

totally random example, but that's pretty much how it works

In graph layout editor, filtering section... hit "new variable", click on "click to insert or change" beside parameter, search for whatever you want, double click on it. Use generic if you want, if it asks. Change units to whatever you want, if required. Hit ok. It will add the parameter and unit to the filter field, then you can add = > < to make it read true or false.

To use multiple things use AND or OR between two parameters. Follow same steps for adding a second parameter.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

([Parameter]>5 OR [Parameter]<-5)...this wont show data between +/- 5 so essentially if greater than 5 or less than -5.

Ed M

Update -- left of the minus sign for the second 5...sorry
    Last edited by mowton; 11-05-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Thanks guys. this is the info I was after.

But what if I'm using "maths" like LTFT + STFT and want to weed out any date that was -5 to 5.
    I can't seem to find a parameter to click on for Maths

IS there a Sticky with the filter strings? If not there should be. Very useful stuff
    Last edited by rpmextreme; 11-05-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Looks like you can't use math parameters in filters.. that is a bit disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by rpmextreme View Post
    Thanks guys. this is the info I was after.

But what if I'm using "maths" like LTFT + STFT and want to weed out any date that was -5 to 5.
    ((([50114.156]+[50116.156])>5) OR (([50114.156]+[50116.156])<-5))

Use what they give us.......:-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Looks like you can't use math parameters in filters.. that is a bit disappointing
    Is this still the case? I was trying to do what the OP was trying to accomplish, but using the AFR ERROR math parameter. Say, to cut out anything +/- 2, as an example, so I can copy the entire chart and paste special into VE. Running in open loop with a wideband in place of the left O2 sensor, so cannot use fuel trims.