Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car is dying after taking foot off gas from wot

Tuner in Training
    I hope that you guys are right, but I'm pretty sure its locked with that tune. When I was trying to flash the tune back to my car I got a x36 Exceed Number of Attempts error. and that's when i noticed those parameters in the tune (cylinder volume). I will give it another go in the morning. If it is locked, can i unlock it somehow since i was the one that put that tune in there? Ive also messaged the person that posted the tune so hopefully they can help?

Tuner in Training
    I've attached a copy of the tune that's in the car. i closed out the tune and opened the tune that i wanted to put back into the car and it didn't take it. I spoke with the guy that made the tune and he said that he did not lock it. so now I'm just lost. any recommendations?

5.3 TUNE.hpt

Can you do a fresh read or does it give errors when you try to read it again?

Tuner in Training
    so its giving me the same errors when i try to do a read. first it asked for a vin number and then it gave me the same controller unlocker x36 exceeded number of attmepts. ive attached some screenshots. with the key in the ignition and turned to on, the car will let me scan. i haven't turned over the motor though.

2016-11-15 (1).png2016-11-15.png
    Last edited by ft2lewis; 11-15-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    so ive sent support an email and theyre currently having the engineers take a look at my issue. I have made sure that my battery is fully charged and I unplugged the ECM for 20minutes. I also ensured that I turned the key to the on position for more than 15seconds before trying to read or write to the computer. does anybody else have additional recommendations?

Tuner in Training
    so I received a reply back from support. Looks like ill have to go with either taking the car into the dealership and having them reflash it on the tech2 or by another one online. The only question I have is If I buy one that I found on ebay at the link below, do I have to do anything other than connect it and load my tune into . Will I have to waste more credits since itll come with my VIN number already assigned? Since its the same 12612384 as the one that's already in the car I would imagine that it already has the same OS loaded into it. thanks for the help in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1710253...&ul_noapp=true

Tuner in Training
    ok guys, I got the my new ecm and put the tune from the shop back in, disabled vats and got the car running. I made the recommended changes to the idle airflow. ive attached the scan from the first drive after that. let me know what you think. Jeez it took a while to get through that hurdle.

new pcm.hpl

Tuner in Training
    any thooughts???