Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WOT timing - EB 3.5

I am playing around with stuff still, I just zeroed out the lambda adders / subtractor tables base and base mbt. I am adding in the timing to the borderline spark tables. I tried a flash with the stock MBT tables and it was running considerably less timing than it was on the previous flash. I would like it to default to the borderline tables so it will just run what I am commanding it. Lol. The lambda adder method was me experimenting and I halfway feel that it is half assed on my end, but hey, it was working. Lol Even though I do not know what / where ford is getting "base timing" from still.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Did you try what I wrote? It worked for my SHO, whenever I go WOT the spark source is now Borderline and my spark is significantly higher. It's only Base when I'm cruising around in Closed Loop Stoich.

32396 Spark Retard for Combustion Effects RPM vs Load.
    I zeroed out that table, and got that idea from the F-150 EcoBoost stock tunes in the repository.

I also made a few other changes after looking at the F-150, so these MAY be required as well, but they don't stand out to me as being solely responsible:

50227 Spark Low Load Max vs Time: I made the entire column 55
    38060 Spark Cyl to Cyl #1: All 0
    38065 Spark Cyl to Cyl #6: All 0
    38053 Spark Cyl to Cyl Offset: Made all the -2's to -1's

Of course I also made Preignition and Cyl Pressure all 63.5, but that by itself did nothing.

This makes me wonder if the F-150 EB 3.5's all have their spark source show as Borderline while WOT.

I have a tune written doing your recommendations, as well as setting the borderline spark values at what the car is currently running during a pull in the appropriate cells. I will try it some time this week, I am back to work now, day job....sighhh. Lol Glad that combo seems to be doing the trick. Thank you for your assistance on this man. I hope I have helped you some too.

Something crazy is that one pull I did had 28 degrees of Timing in the top of third. It did not knock, but that is alotttttt of timing. I spoke with one individual who currently holds the fastest sho record on stock turbos in the quarter, he said he hits 29 degrees of timing through the pass at the strip, running 100 percent methanol on an alky kit. These little motors are freaking tough.

Does the car advance its own timing now by chance??
    Last edited by posenheimer; 01-03-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

I have yet to see it do a no-knock advance at WOT, but now I can add or subtract timing using the BKT table.

Tuner in Training
    Hey thanks for this information on how to change the borderline timing from mbt to mapped timing.