Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuning VVE and zone boundries

Tuning Addict
    ^^^^ If your not going the auto boundary route, this would be satisfactory I would think
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Or is there a possibility of Custom OS's for E92's? All the Gen4 stuff I just put a COS in now and do away with VVE.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

They have stated they aren't doing custom OS development anymore. I don't know the why's of it, I can only assume it is extremely time consuming.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

maybe not as easy on a torque based ECM to do custom os.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Thanks Kieth, I mentioned...

What I mean by that is exactly what you recommended but not being how it changes the table in real time is a pretty bad handicap. Could you consider changing the zone boundaries while the table is up and editable to see how the new boundaries look without closing and re opening the window?

Thanks again!
    The more I think about it - the more I think everyone would be very happy with this if it were somehow possible?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    ^^^^ If your not going the auto boundary route, this would be satisfactory I would think
    Why would you NOT go the auto boundary route. Keith said an engineer found a better way to do the VVE modeling, but it absolutely is not. It is a hell of a lot clunkier than what his did, and you have to fight it because of the wierd stuff it does with the boundaries and "unsmoothing" Its supposed to be a virtual VE tool so we can take GMs coefficients and work a normal VE table, but Ive never had to chase a VE table around like a chicken with its head cut off. Serious PITA

How do you go about fixing that damned "unsmoothing" it does
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Senior Tuner
    So this is gonna stay like this Im assuming?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Tuner in Training
    having issues with zone boundaries, a friend helped when it first happened by having me edit my zone PR boundaries in the tune but hit a different part and happened again and stuck.

Attempting* to work on VVE/SD but feel as though I am going in circles. multiply by half feels like its multiplying by whole no mater what I do and now this again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by floridanick View Post
    having issues with zone boundaries, a friend helped when it first happened by having me edit my zone PR boundaries in the tune but hit a different part and happened again and stuck.

Attempting* to work on VVE/SD but feel as though I am going in circles. multiply by half feels like its multiplying by whole no mater what I do and now this again.
    Check out Goat Rope Garage on youtube. He has some good GenV stuff, and did a couple videos on VVE/SD tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
    Check out Goat Rope Garage on youtube. He has some good GenV stuff, and did a couple videos on VVE/SD tuning.
    Kyle, was the one who got me past the first zone issue and now its hitting a different area and he hasn't be available to assist further.

Kyle, was the one who got me past the first zone issue and now its hitting a different area and he hasn't be available to assist further.
    but whats the problem? If you just make VVE changes that do not overlap boundaries you should no have any issues.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post
    but whats the problem? If you just make VVE changes that do not overlap boundaries you should no have any issues.
    that sounds good but not getting results as expected.. header gasket is shit so I am on hold with any more tuning until I can seal them up again...

This is part of the issues i brought up well over a year ago. However at the time my calculation seemed to be inverse and overshoot. Not to mention getting zone boundary errors
    A good explanation as to why you get these problems from from HPT Engineering would go a long way for some. Goat Rope does a damn good job in helping,but he is not the Engineer that built this machine.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I haven't had a chance to look at your tune but do you have the Prediction Coefficients all zero'd out?
    No. I didn't know that was necessary. Just zero all of those tables?

I seen this done by other tuners. Why are they doing that? Is this only for n/a set ups or for FI as well?

Quote Originally Posted by regorih View Post
    I haven't had a chance to look at your tune but do you have the Prediction Coefficients all zero'd out?
    No. I didn't know that was necessary. Just zero all of those tables?

I seen this done by other tuners. Why are they doing that? Is this only for n/a set ups or for FI as well?
    They should no be zero'd out.

I’m trying to understand the thought process of some tuners to zero out the predicted coefficients. I’ve come into contact with various cars tuned by top level tuners that are widely known and they have also zeroed out the predicted coefficients.

I know theirs more than one way to skin a cat but I was hoping someone could add some details to this.

Tuner in Training
    They should no be zero'd out.
    Any more insight as to why these should be zero'd out?
    Is this still the recommended method in 2022 for Gen V?
    I looked through some other tune files and haven't seen anyone zero them out yet...unless it is only supposed to be temporary until the VVE table and therefore the VE Coefficients are dialed in.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by regorih View Post
    I’m trying to understand the thought process of some tuners to zero out the predicted coefficients. I’ve come into contact with various cars tuned by top level tuners that are widely known and they have also zeroed out the predicted coefficients.

I know theirs more than one way to skin a cat but I was hoping someone could add some details to this.
    i know for GEN IVs actual fueling wouldn't hit the commanded value while running a blended tune. I confirmed this on my own car 2014 ctsv. I had the prediction coefficients enabled and my actual fueling didn't hit commanded until I was above the "high rpm disable" for dynamic air. Once all the prediction coefficients were zeroed, actual fueling hit commanded no matter what rpm I was at

Tuning Addict
    NEVER 0 out the prediction coefficients on a GenV platform ;D Not unless you want to experience the gen4 phantom fuel dumps and cuts on a gen V!!!

~Greg Huggins~