Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Max Settings for Me?

Senior Tuner

Throttle Max Settings for Me?

Anyone have some good recommendations for me to use to help get the car launched without a smoke show at the track? Also a good ramp rate?

Right now my Throttle Max is stock, which goes to 4.0 volts at 32rpms and up, and the throttle Ramp Rate is just 5.0, also stock.

Senior Tuner
    Well I changed the throttle ramp rate to the same as the Hellcat and other various tunes I have seen to 0.010, from my stock 5.0. the result was NOT good, I would go WOT and let off, and it would SLOWLY close the throttle from WOT to closed loop over about 2 seconds, very scary. I immediately set it back to 5.0 for fear of hitting someone after a long run.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe try working down in smaller increments.
    5.0 to .010 is quite a change!
    I have also found that with NN on they seem to like the smaller numbers.
    NN off seems to need more ramp rate for some bizarre reason......

Advanced Tuner
    First thing I get right is pedal feel.
    Get the tune to the point where pedal is nice, smooth, linear and on a big power car, reasonably 'long'.
    Meaning you have to get close to floor to get full gas.
    This will make it easy to control.
    Then do some launches - pedalling the car till you get it fairly good.
    Look at logs and you will see how much gas you can get into it.
    Set the throttle maxes around these numbers and fine tune with more runs.
    If you get them close it should launch pretty consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Anyone have some good recommendations for me to use to help get the car launched without a smoke show at the track? Also a good ramp rate?

Right now my Throttle Max is stock, which goes to 4.0 volts at 32rpms and up, and the throttle Ramp Rate is just 5.0, also stock.

Senior Tuner
    If I had to guess on my NGC3 it's solely for close rate, when I nailed the throttle there was no change in the open rate having it 5.0 vs 0.010 but a huge diff on closing rate.

Senior Tuner
    So I used the Hellcat max throttle settings and took about 4-5* of WOT timing out, and WOW did this thing 60', 1.43 very first pass after almost a year absent from the strip, and then a 1.411 next time out.

I have been listening here because I find my basically stock 2013 R/T 5.7 to take its sweet time to throttle down in situations where I'll wind out in a gear and have to let off right after it shifts.
    The car is coasting but the RPM's are dropping too slowly, Whaaaaaaaa, if you know what I mean.
    What tables or setting(s) would I work with on this?

charger_dynotuned_read_sept_4_16.hpt
    Last edited by 2therock; 11-14-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Senior Tuner
    Send an email to support and try to get them to enable the Ramp Rate field, I do not see it in your tune file:

Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle>Desired Throttle> Ramp Rate

In my tune, it is factory set at 5.000V (max). Lowering it resulted in my throttle hanging after WOT.

Other than that, you could try lowering your delay for DFCO, could just be dumping some fuel for a bit and waiting 6 seconds before it cuts the fuel off. Don't go too low, the fueling after WOT helps keep things cool.

Thanks
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Send an email to support and try to get them to enable the Ramp Rate field, I do not see it in your tune file:

In my tune, it is factory set at 5.000V (max). Lowering it resulted in my throttle hanging after WOT.

Other than that, you could try lowering your delay for DFCO, could just be dumping some fuel for a bit and waiting 6 seconds before it cuts the fuel off. Don't go too low, the fueling after WOT helps keep things cool.
    Just following this thread, question, is the proper way to adjust these settings to decrease all the rpm delay by 10% to start or just the lower rpm speeds?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc View Post
    Just following this thread, question, is the proper way to adjust these settings to decrease all the rpm delay by 10% to start or just the lower rpm speeds?
    I would adjust the seconds by entire seconds to start until or if you notice a change. 10% is going to reduce it by 10ths of a second, not sure it will be noticeable and would take 10 tries to get about a second removed.

I would adjust the seconds by entire seconds to start until or if you notice a change. 10% is going to reduce it by 10ths of a second, not sure it will be noticeable and would take 10 tries to get about a second removed.
    In looking at the tune on my 2010 Jeep SRT , current stock tune has Min @ 20kpa and Max @ 20kpa. In my Logs kpa never goes below 19kpa for any length of time, should I raise Min setting to say 23kpa and raise Max to 23 kpa? Looks like at present settings it never comes into play. Then decrease the Delay to have an effect.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by wrc; 11-30-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Tuner

hello friends

i try 0.010 and my throttle still open after wot

but then 0.020v now my car run flawless try it

Tuner
    Where would i go to close the throttle body more during coastdown?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RevHard View Post
    hello friends

i try 0.010 and my throttle still open after wot

but then 0.020v now my car run flawless try it
    Good info, will try in the spring time lol, mines under the cover for now.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Amillio View Post
    Where would i go to close the throttle body more during coastdown?
    Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle>Desired Throttle> Ramp Rate (seems like setting around 0.020 works good)

Or Engine>Airflow>Desired Throttle> Large Range (try increasing the table in the areas where you log your voltage after WOT lift off)

Tuner
    Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle>Desired Throttle> Ramp Rate (seems like setting around 0.020 works good)

Or Engine>Airflow>Desired Throttle> Large Range (try increasing the table in the areas where you log your voltage after WOT lift off)
    I thought the higher number in the ramp rate closes it quicker. My stock ramp rate is 0.020. I will have to try playing with that later and see if it works.

Senior Tuner
    I thought the higher number in the ramp rate closes it quicker. My stock ramp rate is 0.020. I will have to try playing with that later and see if it works.
    Correct the higher the faster, however it is VERY sensitive. If at 0.020 it isn't closing, raise it in 0.010 increments until it does.

Tuner
    Correct the higher the faster, however it is VERY sensitive. If at 0.020 it isn't closing, raise it in 0.010 increments until it does.
    What I'm trying to accomplish is have the rpms drop faster when I let off the gas and also get a little bit more engine braking than cruise effect.

Senior Tuner
    What I'm trying to accomplish is have the rpms drop faster when I let off the gas and also get a little bit more engine braking than cruise effect.
    Should help with these issues, try it and report back. The other item to try if this doesn't work as noted earlier is increasing your large commanded airflow table ABOVE idle area voltages.