Thread: Tuning Rail Pressure

Tuning Rail Pressure

I'd like to pick some guys brains. I'm looking for some advice on tuning Rail pressure to follow desired quicker when the throttle is stabbed as well as tips on getting maximum amount out of a pump. Seems like all the tuning i do actual doesn't meet desired for a second or two and sometimes even longer but then i'll data log another tune in a truck with the same PW and rail pressure follows way faster. Any insight and knowledge behind it would be greatly appreciated!!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    I'd like to pick some guys brains. I'm looking for some advice on tuning Rail pressure to follow desired quicker when the throttle is stabbed as well as tips on getting maximum amount out of a pump. Seems like all the tuning i do actual doesn't meet desired for a second or two and sometimes even longer but then i'll data log another tune in a truck with the same PW and rail pressure follows way faster. Any insight and knowledge behind it would be greatly appreciated!!
    It could be the CP3 not keeping up with the demand. Or you are losing lift pump pressure. Even modded pumps will have a small delay before RPM increases, dual pumps will handle that dip the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    Increase base DC on the pump to closer match the demand from your tune. Thats really all you can do.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

On one truck with with someone elses tune vs my tune. The other tune comes up quicker with the same injector pw. I'll try raising the base map more. Does anyone on here know why with other softwares then HPTuners that the 10+ dodges use completely different tables and don't even have a DC Base map?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    Increase base DC on the pump to closer match the demand from your tune. Thats really all you can do.
    That's really all I've ever done. I just dont understand how one tune vs another with the same injector PW responds that much different!!

Tuner
    fca volatage!
    Joe ''House'' Kupferschmid
    Diesel Tuning man..
    FB me or
    www.angoladavesdiesel.com

Yea, the fca to current conversion is really key to getting full pressure with a big pulsewidth. Full commanded pressure on the cp3 is at 0mA.. so between the current conversion and the duty cylce table you can make it work.